Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hurst shift knob

Kevin Doyle

Corvette
1996 white LT4 gs wheels
I bought a hurst shift knob for my 96 awhile back finally put it on today.Is it me or is this thing large,huge it just seems out of place.Maybe it takes awhile to get use to!I hate to keep going on but this thing looks like it should be on a mack truck with a cb radio.Does anyone else have any input .Thanks :confused Kevin.

Which one did you buy? Hurst makes a lot of different ones.

Thanks.

SAVE THE WAVE! :w

Kevin Doyle said:
I bought a hurst shift knob for my 96 awhile back finally put it on today.Is it me or is this thing large,huge it just seems out of place.Maybe it takes awhile to get use to!I hate to keep going on but this thing looks like it should be on a mack truck with a cb radio.Does anyone else have any input .Thanks :confused Kevin.

Every Hurst shift knob or "pistol grip" I have ever seen looks right in some early to pre-1970s muscle car, but, in my opinion, looks out of place in our C4s regardless of which interior you have. Hurst, generally, strikes me as a company whose products are facing a dwindling market devoted more to cars in collector car shows than to cars driven in the real world. If you are having to ask the Forum this question, my guess is that you really don't like it. My vote would be to get rid of it.

/s/ Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy said:
Every Hurst shift knob or "pistol grip" I have ever seen looks right in some early to pre-1970s muscle car, but, in my opinion, looks out of place in our C4s regardless of which interior you have. Hurst, generally, strikes me as a company whose products are facing a dwindling market devoted more to cars in collector car shows than to cars driven in the real world. If you are having to ask the Forum this question, my guess is that you really don't like it. My vote would be to get rid of it.

/s/ Chris Kennedy
To answer both ?s it is the classic round knob with pattern on top and hurst emblems on side.It seemed like a great idea but it is to big and is going to have to go!Kevin.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom