Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Husband's New Corvette Z06 Hit By Wife's Hyundai Genesis

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Husband's New Corvette Z06 Hit By Wife's Hyundai Genesis

A self-admitted worst day fell hard on a member of GenesisOwners after he and his wife picked up his brand-spankin-new Corvette Z06. Rain, traffic and non-attentive driving resulted in a bit of freeway carnage costing over $26,000.

The couple had owned the Hyundai Genesis for 9 months and the Z06 for only a few hours when all hell broke loose on a rainy Massachusetts freeway after leaving the Chevy dealership. A quick shift in traffic necessitated a quick reversal of speed from 60 mph down to 30 mph; a change his wife unfortunately did not notice. She barreled into the rear of the Z06 which then, under the slippery conditions, ran into the car next in line, resulting in just over $16,000 in damage to the Genesis and nearly $10,000 for the Z06.

Full Article and Pics: Husband's New Corvette Z06 Hit By Wife's Hyundai Genesis

I read a statistic once that the greatest likelihood of being in an accident (setting aside factors of diminished capacity, such as alcohol) is within the first few days after you've driven a new vehicle off the lot. Unfamiliarity with the vehicle being the cause.

This is a real shame.

That really sucks! It has always been a fear of mine that when somebody is following me (Wifey) she would be likely to rear end me. Damage to both vehicles.

I've been driving corvettes for a while now, my firebirds, fourwheelers all my life. However, if i were buying a new Z06, I would take up the driving school.

headlamps (HID) - $992.21 a piece x 2
impact bar & energy asorber - $765.49
front grille - $144.07
fog lamp assy - $168.15
radiator assy - $549.05
air quality sensor - $238.50
temp sensor - $46.29
fan assy - $425.18
condensor - $342.58
hood - $614.04
fenders - $312.28 x 2
windshield - $785.81
Having an excuse to buy anything you want no matter what your spouse thinks - zero dollars;LOL.

As long as no blood or fatalities- the cars can be repaired or replaced.
If my wife did that,She'd be the first thing replaced!!! ;LOL;LOL;LOL

My grandfather stalled his brand new 1963 Plymouth on the railroad tracks on the way home from the dealership in Salt Lake City. Needless to say, a train came by. Bye bye Plymouth. The ultimate insult was the train. It was his. He had taken the day off to pick up his new car. I heard that story every time someone in the family brought a new car to his house. He's still kicking too. He's 98 and got a new girl friend at the elder care home where he lives .

When I drove my ZR1 off the lot, I drove it like an old lady straight home & into the garage. I just spent the most money in my life. (I paid $105k in 1991 for my house!) That ride home was nerve wracking.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom