Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: HVAC(climate control)shuts down,fuses ok

jimbov

Corvette
2000 Black Hardtop
The hvac w/climate control in my 2000 FRC will just quit, blank screen and nothing operable. Shut the car down and start it in 10 or so minutes and hvac comes back to life. Fuses are fine. What?

Me Too

The hvac w/climate control in my 2000 FRC will just quit, blank screen and nothing operable. Shut the car down and start it in 10 or so minutes and hvac comes back to life. Fuses are fine. What?

mine did the same thing but system is totally dead now - ac controller is totally dead/dark but I did notice that with key on the ac contoller is totally dark but when car shut off and lights are on the panel is lit from the lights being on but when the key is turned back on the ac controller goes dark

mine came back on and has functioned fine since the 12th....but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it quits again.....I speculate it has something to do with the temperature control differential for driver and passenger but who knows?? The fact that it comes back on tells us something, I'm just not sure what.....did yours come back on???? I have seen the whole unit for sale so maybe just replace instead of chasing a trouble ghost, probably easier, cheaper and less angst than troubleshooting, especially since it appears to not be a common problem...thanks for the reply, good luck.....jimbov

mine came back on and has functioned fine since the 12th....but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it quits again.....I speculate it has something to do with the temperature control differential for driver and passenger but who knows?? The fact that it comes back on tells us something, I'm just not sure what.....did yours come back on???? I have seen the whole unit for sale so maybe just replace instead of chasing a trouble ghost, probably easier, cheaper and less angst than troubleshooting, especially since it appears to not be a common problem...thanks for the reply, good luck.....jimbov

I pulled my dash apart yesterday, checked the voltages at the connector, C5(IGN3)ok, C10(5V Ref. according to manual) 11.3 volts ??? - can anyone shed some light on this (should this be at 5V all the time or is it only regulated when things are running), all voltages taken with ac controller disconnected.

opened up the ac controller & took out the power supply board and took a look, all the components looked ok (none visibly bad), solder joints looked ok also.so I closed it back up, took it out to the car, plugged it in and the ac was working again.

I wonder if one of the wires connecting the 2 circuit boards was the problem and my moving them while taking a look was the fix.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom