Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HVAC Question on my 77

J

Juskie77

Having a little trouble or maybe i just don't understand the functions on the HVAC system and when some of the vacuum actuators are supposed to be closed or open. At what setting should the fresh air door vent be opened (the one in the pass kick panel)?

When it is in DEFROST, only the upper grill is throwing out air. When the HEATER is toggled the center dash vents and the lower dash vents are blowing..same for a/c controls. I would think at the VENT setting the fresh air door would open, and that is on the same line as the door to the fan out in the wiper cavity, shouldn't that close too?? Anyway its not in that setting, actually in all settings the door stays closed.

FYI I am doing a frame off restoration, all new vacuum hoses, new actuators. It seems to be mostly working, just curious on the pass kick fresh air door. Thanks.

Order the assembly instruction manual (AIM). The AIM has a diagnostics page for the HVAC settings; which doors open when, etc. The AIM will also help with setting your door glasses and thousands of other items on your car.

:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom