Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HVAC solution

larryfs

does your 96 only blow A/C from the defroster and bottom vent? I have the proper hvac programmer box and the solution. I will give you specific instructions, and get you through this repair. I only have enough parts for 2 cars, so first come first serve. i did it to my car last year, and its perfect. $100 +$10 shipping

How do you remove drivers under dash pad

There seem to be only a few 7mm screws that hold the carpeted under dash knee pad. But after removing these the panel is still attached somehow to the side of the dash near the drivers door. There are 2 indents under the carpeting that covers the panel but I am unable to tell if they are hex head or phillips screws or..... Just trying to get the blasted thing off so I can get up under the dash to get to the vacuum control unit. Any help appreciated.

they are 7mm with a torx insert. use a flashlight, you'll see what i mean. my parts are still available to solve your problem.

they are 7mm with a torx insert. use a flashlight, you'll see what i mean. my parts are still available to solve your problem.

Larry Thanks

Another member has sent me small pieces of brass tubing to install and see if it works, if not I will PM you. Almost evry 96 does this if you Really drive it:)

the problem with brass is your hacking up the factory vacumme harness, and can never go back. my method keeps the car factory stock.

the problem with brass is your hacking up the factory vacumme harness, and can never go back. my method keeps the car factory stock.

Good point, I did not think about that. PM sent.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom