Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hypertech A4 Shift Points?

semperfih2o

Corvette
2000 Blk Cpe/Corsa indy,K&N
Has anyone reset the the shift points on an A4 with 3.15 using a hypertech III ? If so, did you raise the rev limit?
Thanks always for the members of this forum's input and help.
Semper fi

Has anyone reset the the shift points on an A4 with 3.15 using a hypertech III ? If so, did you raise the rev limit?
Thanks always for the members of this forum's input and help.
Semper fi

Nope....with my 3.15 A4, I only changed the shift firmness to the 75% level if I remember correctly, and the fans to come on earlier at 209deg. I'm not a racer so that other stuff is of no interest to me.

Typically, it doesn't do much good to set the WOT shift points higher unless you also set the rev limiter higher because, in many cases, when left in drive, the WOT shift point is just short of the limiter.

On a stock or near-stock LS1, there isn't much advantage in raising the rev limiter and if you go too far you exceed the valvetrain limiting speed and put the engine in valve float before the trans shifts.

Now on an LS1 with significant modificationsm such as more aggressive cam profile, valve springs to match and headers, then there's something to be gained in raising both rev limit and shift points.

As for shift firmness, for the most part, that's a subjective issue according to how you want the car to feel. There's a durability advantage in firming up shifts slightly, but if you go from "slightly more firm" to a "bang shift" that chirps the tires even at high part throttle you may end up with a reliability issue and for most folks the jerk at the shift is uncomfortable.

Lowering the fan ons makes sense.

Thanks for the input. I've changed the thermostat, and the fan temp.
I like the mid-shift increase at throttle; I'm going to leave the shift points alone.
Thanks again for your valuable input.:thumb
Semper Fi

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom