Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hypertech Power Chip

Tommy Almond

Corvette
Are any of you running the Hypertech Power Chip, Street Runner version, with your still factory setup CCC and ECM? I have one, ran it for a while but did not notice that much difference but now have new engine in so wondering if worth the effort to swap out chips again and see what she'll do now?
Any of you have good or bad words on these chips? Also does the check engine light system still operate correctly with power chip in?

Every thing works fine with the chip. It is not a huge "seat of the pants" power booster by itself, but it does give you a bit more agressive timing curve which helps with performance and makes more of a difference as you add other modifications to the engine.

God bless, Sensei

Thanks Sensei...I have one but not in the car now. I had used it once a couple of years and did not see much difference and now since new engine, stock, was just wondering if worth the effort to pull ECM and swap just to see. Based on what you say I'll stay with the stock chip and keep the other in case the original goes bad.

Keep the Hypertech safe and sound as the stock chip is no longer to be found....at least I could never find one.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom