Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hypertech Thermomaster Chip & 160 Thermostat--zooooom, but code 24

D

DHOUGHTON

I just installed a Hypertech Thermomaster chip, 160 thermostat and a K & N filter on my 90 coupe L98 engine. Better acceleration still runs a bit hot but the important thing is I am getting a 24 code. Is this serious? The Haynes manual say it could be the ESS-ELECTRONIC SPEED SENSOR, or the TPS-THROTTLE SPEED SENSOR. My question is, does the new chip create new tuning setting that would create this problem? And should I be changing the voltage on the TPS. My digital dash is now more intermitant than before and every once in a while will now freeze up and read out 0 mph when it sure looks like I am cruising down the road.

Quite confused,

Marathoner

Code 24

The VSS ( Vehicle Speed sensor)

Either
a) When you were installing the PROM a connector worked loose ( slim chance )

b) Your speed sensor is Dying ( down @ tranny)

c) The VSS wiring got hung up on something and is coming loose...

Check it out...... Betting "B"

Vig!

Thanks Vig.

O.K. the VSS. Next time I will look at the correct name before I post. Sorry, I guess I must have partial-heimers. Vig I propose all of us on the forum should buy you a jet so you can be our master teacher. Thank you I will crawl under in the morning and check it out. Can't wait but I'm going to. Maybe I'll skip breakfast and then buy you a meal if it works. Your great.

Marathoner

Must eat, grasshopper

To keep your strength up.. this might not be a slam dunk.

Vig!

Crunch

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Good. Sushi Bugs

Marathoner

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom