Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I am a Brand X refugee! I hope I am welcome here!

T

theblackvette

Hi there! I was told about this forum by a friend.
I used to post on another forum (I will name the forum "Brand X") I think you all know where I am referring to.

Expect many more refugees as their Nazi and Taliban Style of moderating has resulted in several of us leaving that place. I won't list details unless you really want to know the whole story.

As for me, I have a 2003 Black Z06. I love it! I have a photo gallery that I created that was made for users to post photos and paste them on that "other forum" I was talking. I wonder if people here would be interested in seeing it.

I love Corvettes and always wanted one since I was little. I finally have one, the greatest vette of them all, the Z06!!!!!!!!!

The name sounds familiar. Do I know you from somewhere?

Oh yes! I see your raft made it to shore! You are a refugee like me!
BlackZ28Turbo glad to see you here! I take it you succumbed to the same garbage over there like me!!
I hope we are welcome with open arms here!

Everyone here is very friendly and willing to help, even us "non" vette owners. Welcome to :CAC . Please post your vette pics sometime, I would love to see them.

High Koolaid!
Thanks for the warm welcome!!!!!!!
I am trying to figure out how to post pics here.....
is there an easy way to do this?

koolaid117 said:
Everyone here is very friendly and willing to help, even us "non" vette owners. Welcome to :CAC . Please post your vette pics sometime, I would love to see them.
:upthumbs Welcome :beer :w

Welcome to the CAC, its the best corvette forum on the web! That's why we're all here!! :D

Wow, thank you all for the welcomes!!!!!!
There will be some more refugees coming over here!
I am sure of that!

Welcome to CAC
if you have hit the "post reply" button run your Cursor over the buttons above the text box, there is an"insert image" button, if you have hit the "quick reply" you will have to "go advanced" to post pictures. The pictures have to be on a hosting site. There is also a way to do thumbnails, but I have not figgured that out yet:L
I don't know if you have to have so many posts before you can post pictures or not
we are holding our first Cruise-Fest 2004 in Auburn Indiana in a few weeks so hurry up and register to enjoy the fun
Craig sr.

Thanks for your help bossvette-I will try this out soon!

Welcome to the site. There are a whole bunch of friendly and knowledgable people here who are all too happy to offer advice and helpful suggestions. I hope that you have found a new home.

You know, I've been meaning to send Rob my check to become a supporting member so I can upload an extensive gallery of picks I've taken since I bought my Z06. For now, my avatar has a picture of my Vette.

Why don't I remember to write down that address when I'm online. Sheesh- I keep meaning to!

-Patrick

Thanks again to all who have responded here!!!!!!!!

mauivette said:
Welcome to the site. There are a whole bunch of friendly and knowledgable people here who are all too happy to offer advice and helpful suggestions. I hope that you have found a new home.
Wow-what an experience it must be to drive a vette on an hawaiian island!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys would get my vote for best corvette site on the web. Glad to be here.

I have visited quite a few Corvette sites. I think that the postings here have some real substance. They are not just a string of smiley after smiley. The people are really friendly (unless we talk politics- best avoided).

theblackvette said:
Oh yes! I see your raft made it to shore! You are a refugee like me!
BlackZ28Turbo glad to see you here! I take it you succumbed to the same garbage over there like me!!
I hope we are welcome with open arms here!
Welcome to the Corvette Action Center.

theblackvette said:
Let me see if this works!
Here is a pic of my Z06:

It didn't work! Any help would be appreciated!

However in the meantime you can see my Z06 among other vettes at the website I created at:

http://groups.msn.com/BlackvettesCorvetteGallery/_whatsnew.msnw
Basically, there's two methods of posting here.

1. Quick Reply - If you hit the "Quick Reply" link in any post, you'll be instantly brought down to the quick reply text box at the bottom of the page. From there, you can only type in text - no pictures, etc. It's simply a quick way of replying to a thread.

2. Normal Reply - Click on the Post Reply button in the upper/lower left hand corner of any thread page. From there, you'll be brought to a WYSIWIG text editor with several buttons where you can quickly and easily format text, add links, pictures, etc. You'll also see, a little further down from the WYSIWIG editor, the option to attach files to your post.

You can include images in your posts either by attaching, or using "vB code". It's similar to the UBB forum software code, but slightly different. For more information, click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Hi Rob again! The Rob from NH I take it LOL! I love NH! Too bad with the Old Man and the Mountains thing!

I think that more people will soon realize that this place exists and join. Trust me on this one. I will leave it at that!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom