Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I am a new member. Traded a 1998 torch re convertible for a 2019 torch red grand sport coupe.

Don D

Corvette
2019 super sport
I bought the car used with 12000 miles. There was never supposed to be any body repairs. Upon inspection, I found that there are 2 inter fender bolts missing. The dealer said they were never installed. I am having some concern about that. I returned to thee dealer and that is what I was told. Was this normal during the assembly? I have been to the assembly plant in Bowling Green and have my doubts.

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center Don.

While I find that response from the dealer difficult to buy considering that the car already has 12,000 miles on it, on a brand new C7 or even a C8 Corvette, it's certainly not out of the question.

Unfortunately, I've seen worse on brand new Corvettes that have just been delivered from the factory.

I have seen brand new Corvettes get delivered with improperly torqued bolts in some areas.

While the chances are slim on new Corvettes, there's always a possibility that those particular bolts on your GS were just never torqued down properly at the factory. Over time, they loosened and fell out.

Did the selling dealer give you the service history on the car?

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!

Another WELCOME !

Probably nothing especially if the car runs straight but why dont you run a carfax on the vehicle and put your mind to rest. Two missing bolts is a far cry from an accident yet running the carfax should answer your question. Most people run carfaxs before buying a car. I think its very inexpensive. Btw an accident woukdnt be the end of the world anyway but run the car fax and be done with worrying. Btw your car sounds awesome! Enjoy

Probably nothing especially if the car runs straight but why dont you run a carfax on the vehicle and put your mind to rest. Two missing bolts is a far cry from an accident yet running the carfax should answer your question. Most people run carfaxs before buying a car. I think its very inexpensive. Btw an accident woukdnt be the end of the world anyway but run the car fax and be done with worrying. Btw your car sounds awesome! Enjoy

Thanks. Talked to a Chevy rep. Said the holes were there to align the fenders when the car was being assembled. Just put plugs in in them. Runs straight and saw the car history. Think I am ok at this point.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom