Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I can't decide which way the car looks best!

Which way does the car look best?

• Hard top on?

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • Soft top up?

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • No top on?

Votes: 20 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
tyrel said:
I loved the hardtop on my triple-black 90, I should never have sold that car. Boy did I ever get some admiring glances in that car.

hate to break it to ya--u didnt get 'admiring glances'--the vette did.

I think you're just fishing for compliments ... and deserving every one you get!!! The car is beautiful - I think I like it best with the HT.

It would look even better a few miles away from that F*rd. :-}

between topless & hard top.. don't see many hard tops..
Almost like a C4 FRC!

Sweet ride!
Rain

Thank you for the replys!
I truely like all three ways it looks to bad it is a PIA installing and removing the hardtop so when its on I tend to leave it on awhile and when its off I tend to leave it off awhile also!:eyerole

89sleeper said:
Thank you for the replys!
I truely like all three ways it looks to bad it is a PIA installing and removing the hardtop so when its on I tend to leave it on awhile and when its off I tend to leave it off awhile also!:eyerole
I know what you mean. It's a lot of prep to get the hardtop in place. It makes me smile when I see these newfangled folding hardtop/convertibles. They hold down a button for a few seconds and poof the top is gone.That's progress!!!

fold-down power hardtop mass-produced on 1959 (?) ferd--seem em at any antique car show

speedmaster4 said:
fold-down power hardtop mass-produced on 1959 (?) ferd--seem em at any antique car show

I know a guy that made one work. Over 100 switches in that system and I forget the number of motors. a real pain in the rear those old retractables.

Glenn
:w

I'm not talking about the old stuff. A pal of mine has a Lincoln suicide. That's a real work of art, especially if you can get it working consistantly. I'm talking about the new stuff, SL's, XLR's,. They are truly state of the art. I wonder if GM will ever bring it to a Vette?

i hope not..the car is way too heavy with trinkets now

JJS said:
Don't ask me why, but in my opinion it looks better with either top on.
That is because with the top on it has nice flowing lines. Looks fast and sporty but with the top down you break those sweeping lines and it just plain don't look as sleek. Some like to ride with the top down but when it comes to looks most will say hard top looks better even if they don't know why they think it does.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom