Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I FINALLY Got a Ride in a Z06!

Thanks for the info!
:L X06 :L damn X is right next to the Z on the keyboard :L why do they call it the Z06 and the ZR1, does the Z mean somthing?

Well, if the Z06 got good low end, then maby i should get a Z06 engine in a LT4 body or somthing. Is that possible? and is it easy to switch engines back and fourth?

And what is the best torque to win a 1/4 mile race? Low end right?

I think im changing my faviorate vettes AGAIN! Now im probally gona like the ZR1 or the Z06 over the GS. please help me make up my mind guys! which is the fastest of them all? which would win a 1/4 mile race and which would win a longer race? im guessing the Z06 because its new, or the GS because it was built for racing. Thanks!

Hi Justin,
GS, ZR-1, or Z06... what a decision to make, the one good thing is that they are all Corvettes!
The GS has that great LT4 engine, good midrange TQ and revs up pretty good, that coupled with the ZF 6spd and the 3:45 rear end is a potent combination. But, it's all wrapped up in a 3500 lb car.
The ZR-1 with the LT5 engine is still the "King of the Hill" on top speed, 405 HP from 93 thru the last year in 95, but it too was housed in a 3500 lb car.

Each Z06 weighs about 3115 lbs, and has 405 HP and 400 lbs of TQ. That goes through a specialy geared M-12 6 speed box, and into a 3:42 rear end whose pinion and ring gears have been shot peened for strength. The car was made for the track, but has good manners for the street.

Any of these cars will make your heart race, and bring a smile to your face while driving... but the really big grins will come from the ZR-1 and the Z06. Both are really over the top in respect to performance right off the showroom floor.

If I had a ZR-1 I probably wouldn't have jumped into the Z06 as readily. But it was way better than the performance of my 93 Z07, so here I am with a big smile after every ride.
vettepilot

Justin,

If you're looking for low-end torque, don't bother with the ZR-1. Double overhead cam engines are not known for their low end torque. They are deep breathers and are known for producing power in the upper RPM band. That's why in some cases, an LT1 or LS1 equipped Corvette will feel a little stronger off the line than a stock ZR-1 will.

Thanks for the info guys! So what yall saying is that the ZR1 would beat the GS??? I thought the GS was a speical model built for the sole purpose of winning races, and always thought that it was the Z06 equilvilant. In Gran Turismo 3 my GS beat the Z06. Then again that is just a video game, but its supposed to be the most realistic game ever, the weight of the cars, the torque, the aerodynamics is all calculated down to the last decimal...

Justin_cv87 said:
Thanks for the info guys! So what yall saying is that the ZR1 would beat the GS??? I thought the GS was a speical model built for the sole purpose of winning races, and always thought that it was the Z06 equilvilant. In Gran Turismo 3 my GS beat the Z06. Then again that is just a video game, but its supposed to be the most realistic game ever, the weight of the cars, the torque, the aerodynamics is all calculated down to the last decimal...

Ahhhh....having almost equivalent cars, the BEST driver is usually the winner! :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom