Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I got Nov 04 Corvette Enthusiast and....

-=Jeff=-

Corvette
1990 ZR-1
I was reading the Bloomington Gold article and turned the page to find this:

Corvette_enth-sm.jpg

LARGER

MY VETTE!!! on the Breathless dyno. I am also in the picture to the left. I am behind the guy with the cap

Mad-Mic said:
i didn't even read what you wrote at the bottom and saved as so i could enlarge the pic and i seen your vette :upthumbs

congrats man! that is cool!

so what did it pull?
Well, The ignition was causing problems on the dyno computer so he could not get any torque readings but RWHP is around 330.. I did find a bad ignition module that night after the pulls and have not dyno'ed it since.

-=Jeff=- said:
Well, The ignition was causing problems on the dyno computer so he could not get any torque readings but RWHP is around 330.. I did find a bad ignition module that night after the pulls and have not dyno'ed it since.
not bad!

ZZ9 cam and which intake? stock heads? what do you think the rwtq would be? i'm gonna dynoe my car after i finish the bolt on's and port the stock intake before i do the other mods. i also want to hit a 12.70 or better first on the stock TPI, A4 and 2.59 gears :D

I got that issue also Jeff. I was looking through it again just last night and noticed the picture of your car. Congrats!!!!!:upthumbs

Mad-Mic said:
not bad!

ZZ9 cam and which intake? stock heads? what do you think the rwtq would be? i'm gonna dynoe my car after i finish the bolt on's and port the stock intake before i do the other mods. i also want to hit a 12.70 or better first on the stock TPI, A4 and 2.59 gears :D
Intake is the MINIRAM with a 52mm TB.

As for torque I would guess between 340-350rwtq

Jeff,

I wouldn't tell Mad Mic what you're packin', that guy's always looking for someone to race. :D Just kiddin', Mic. ;LOL

Edmond said:
Jeff,

I wouldn't tell Mad Mic what you're packin', that guy's always looking for someone to race. :D Just kiddin', Mic. ;LOL
:L

Oh yeah Mic..

I have CNC L98 heads, 1.6 intake and 1.52 exhaust rockers. I have also since the dyno changed the exhaust and feel like I have more power

-=Jeff=- said:

Oh yeah Mic..

I have CNC L98 heads, 1.6 intake and 1.52 exhaust rockers. I have also since the dyno changed the exhaust and feel like I have more power
sweet! i'll be picking your brain more here shortly when Rich is ready to data log for us :D

Edmond said:
Jeff,

i ain't packen much but what i do got runs it's balls off ;LOL

tpis question

I looked at your car domain pictures and then e-mailed tpis to see if they have the long tubes for an 88. I just got a reply that there may be a bracket under the car that could cause clearance problem. Did you have to make any adjustments to get your headers on? I thought the 87 and 88 cars were the same. What did you do with your egr? Thanks.

-=Jeff=- said:

Oh yeah Mic..

Just keep eggin' him on, Jeff... ;LOL

My Grand Sport is supposedly in the December issue, but I can't seem to find one on newstands yet. Looks like the only people that have seen the issue are subscribers. :(

I'd like to know if the car looks filthy and I come off like a doofus. :)

Brad

GS Ragtop said:
My Grand Sport is supposedly in the December issue, but I can't seem to find one on newstands yet. Looks like the only people that have seen the issue are subscribers. :(

Brad
Is it the one that is a MAIN Article on?

if it is it looks good!!!

:upthumbs

caninelver said:
I looked at your car domain pictures and then e-mailed tpis to see if they have the long tubes for an 88. I just got a reply that there may be a bracket under the car that could cause clearance problem. Did you have to make any adjustments to get your headers on? I thought the 87 and 88 cars were the same. What did you do with your egr? Thanks.
deleted the EGR but then again i'm not worried about emissions. the headers were a nice fit and had no problems with any brackets that i can remember of.

you can't really see the actual fit but these give you an idea.

Drivers side
428980_65_full.jpg

Passenger side
428980_64_full.jpg

i slammed a set on Rich's car (rrubel) in about 3 hours pretty much by myself as he was doing house work. car was on the ground just on jack stands ;) his is an 86

GS Ragtop said:

Brad
Doofus! ;LOL

just kidding! i'm sure it looks SCHWEEET! :D

-=Jeff=- said:
Is it the one that is a MAIN Article on?

if it is it looks good!!!

:upthumbs
I don't know, Jeff, since I haven't seen the article yet. My plate is "PP LE PEU" and I heard they captured a shot of the plate.

Your GS looks pretty sweet!!! I didn't see no filthy looking car anywhere!! And I'm pretty sure I saw your car in Bowling Green last summer at the 50th Ann. Celebration. I remember that plate....PP LE PEU. Ill have to look through my pictures....might a shot of yours.:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom