Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I just sold my Subaru Sti!

Norseman

Corvette
2006 Blue Z51 Coupe/2004 STi for the snow.
Well I finally got rid of my Subi. It was a 2004, which I should have sold over the internet as I could have gotten around $27,000.00 for it, but I was feeling lazy and only got $14,000.00 on a trade in for a 2017 Subaru Forester in Pearl White.
I was looking at trading in my 2006, Detona Blue, Z51, 6 on the floor for a new C7 but every time I look at it's profile in the sunlight I fall in love with it all over again. I actually think it's better looking than the C7, so until they come out with something I just can't resist I'll just stick with my C6.:w

They don't feel as good sitting in them either.....IMO.

If you can snag a test drive in a C7 Z51, you will put that early C6 up for sale immediately.
More power.
Better handing and a much nicer ride if you order MR.
Better gas mileage with cylinder deac.

If you really want a shit hot car step up to a C7 Grand Sport with Z07. :thumb

Thank god you sold your Subey. Never been a big 'ru fan. I love passing those WRXes with my ATS-V. No matter what you do, the exhaust on those things sound like VW buggies.

If you can snag a test drive in a C7 Z51, you will put that early C6 up for sale immediately.
More power.
Better handing and a much nicer ride if you order MR.
Better gas mileage with cylinder deac.

If you really want a shit hot car step up to a C7 Grand Sport with Z07. :thumb

Thank god you sold your Subey. Never been a big 'ru fan. I love passing those WRXes with my ATS-V. No matter what you do, the exhaust on those things sound like VW buggies.

Hey Hib, all good points, but what the hell is an ATS-V, a Cadillac with a supercharger? And my STi had a great sounding muffler, with a great sounding pop off valve.;) I had many fun times with that little blue beast with the gold wheels. Don't forget it got "Car of the year". In 2004, and it could out run the stock Big Mustang, in it's stock form. I knew guys that were running around 750 Hp.:cool!:

Last edited:
Thank god you sold your Subey. Never been a big 'ru fan. I love passing those WRXes with my ATS-V.

Kinda apples to oranges there dude.........:)

I ended up keeping my '04 MY Z06 (as well as the '70) when I picked up a pristine 2011 Subaru STI limited sedan while on vacation last fall (I did sell my '15 Camaro LS though) as a new daily driver. So far I haven't seen anything that would make me want to sell the '04 yet. I like the unique fixed roof coupe body style, the simplicity of the controls, the suspension changes for '04 and how well the car feels like it is part of you when I drive it. I bought it new, it has a bit more than 50k miles on it and has never been to a dealer for any work on it yet. I really like the MY and FRC design, yes some others look good and peform better, but as far as I am concerned, none of them the overall package of my '04 yet.

How do you like the new Forester, Norseman? My neighbours across the way have one and swear by it. Up here in the Great White North, AWD is a popular choice.

I've only had one Subaru and it was a blast to drive but a bit underpowered. Mind you, it was a used 1990s vintage beastie...

Mac

...but every time I look at it's profile in the sunlight I fall in love with it all over again. I actually think it's better looking than the C7...

:thumb

I know the feeling... :v

My son always asks me why I like "old" cars. His definition is any car that isn't within 3-4 years old. He's quick to point out how wonderful the newer cars are and he was shocked to learn that I could shoehorn a late model LSx motor into the '82 and get similar 0-60 numbers with it (I already have a 3.73 rear end and a built 700R4 :D).

I think in life it's how YOUR car makes YOU feel. Not everything is about numbers on a balance sheet. Sometimes... it's something else.

I've had 2 other C3s and even a C5. But none can compare to the one I learned how to drive in... my dad's 82 Vette. And so having it is very special. It was the Vette that sparked my love of cars. I learned how to drive on it- and many years later, I learned how to build, edit, and optimize an engine calibration on it.

When you say that you fall in love with it all over again... that's when you know you have the right car for you! :upthumbs

Kane, well said.

To some, a car is an appliance same as a computer. To me, some cars "call" to me and others don't. It's all personal opinion and the only one that matters is our own.

Trucking Co I worked for wayback had a pair of Brats,I got the jump seats on 1 of my back yard decks. Neat little trucks.Thay were classified as a station wagon,hence the seats.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom