Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I need a general consensus please

Corvette
1995 Vert
I'm thinking of adding a wing to my C4. I've already got a hood and I'll need the GS flares for my new tires and wheels. What do you all think. Would it be too much or would it add something the the rear deck of the Vert. I don't really care for them on coupes but the Vert has a lot of acreage back there. I'm talking low profile, Greenwood style. Take a look and give me an opinion please. Thanks ---Gunny---

IMG_2131.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg

I don't care for the wing on a coupe either. Your car looks great with the new hood and the flares will compliment both the hood and the wing if you decide to get it. Since your doing the add ons, go for it, I think it would look good. Custom is cool!

yeah.....

I'm not a big wing kinda guy but in this case, this car would look good. It needs something back there to balance the "look" of the whole car.

Might I make a suggestion?

I think your car would look sexy as hell with a flush lense kit for all the tail lites and the front markers/driving lites. The dark almost blacked out lenses...I had a kit on another car many yrs ago that was not the cheapo plastic lense thats for sale these days...the good kit has a rubber weather strip seal around the edge that helps feather it into the body and its not got a cheesy velcro strip that shows thru after dark....I forget how they mounted, but it was a nice lense kit. That was front and back. I've got dark tail lenses now...and would do the fronts IF I could find those nice lenses with the seal.

That would look good. Thanks. I'll start a search for something even if I have to get some smoked plexiglass and find a way to trim it in properly myself. Good idea.....thanks again. ---Gunny---
yeah.....

I'm not a big wing kinda guy but in this case, this car would look good. It needs something back there to balance the "look" of the whole car.

Might I make a suggestion?

I think your car would look sexy as hell with a flush lense kit for all the tail lites and the front markers/driving lites. The dark almost blacked out lenses...I had a kit on another car many yrs ago that was not the cheapo plastic lense thats for sale these days...the good kit has a rubber weather strip seal around the edge that helps feather it into the body and its not got a cheesy velcro strip that shows thru after dark....I forget how they mounted, but it was a nice lense kit. That was front and back. I've got dark tail lenses now...and would do the fronts IF I could find those nice lenses with the seal.

Nah, that spoiler may look OK on that car but it too "In Your Face" for my tastes. I'm thinking lower and sleeker.

A hood bump without a reason/power increase is a joke. but it's your Vette!

I agree 100% but I would have done the hood just for the looks also. I like it. You must have missed some other threads. I'm currently building a 383 RPM engine for the Vette. I just got done with a torque 383 engine for my Impala SS. (11.78 @ 116) It's making over 500 HP and the Vette will be about the same horsepower or a fuzz more but at about 6800-7000 RPM. It's going to have a single plane manifold with a F.A.S.T. 4150 style throttle body and either a 4" blow through carb hat or a Sheetmetal elbow to let me tie it in to my MAF. The hood is 2 3/4 higher than stock and I expect I'll need all of it. They are both daily drivers and are fairly tame.

I'm posting the build on another forum. Mahle pistons, Dragonslayer crank, Oliver billet rods, LE3-LT4 heads (226cc 2.08/1.60 valves and 306/220 flow at .650) Melrose 1 3/4 headers, Jesel shaft mounts, Morel lifters, LTCC (8 LS1 coils), 3800 stall, Dana 44, etc. I've had these parts laying around for a while and decided to use them.

6Shooter said:
A hood bump without a reason/power increase is a joke. but it's your Vette!

Or, it is a message about being aggressive that speaks more about the owner and his personality.

You know... Semper Fi. :thumb

I'm thinking it would look good with a sleek wing.

It's my PERSONAL OPINION that wings are silly on cars that don't need them to stay on the ground or stick to the corners in an actual race. Unlike other manufacturers, GM did a great job designing a car that will stay on terra firma at speeds approaching 200 mph without a giant wing.

Nice, small rear blade spoilers like the Ron Fellows style GM units are another story.

It is your car, however...

I wouldn't put a wing on the back. That's just me, I think the car looks fantastic the way it is. I'm not to familiar with the different types/styles of wings (that's why I'm saying no at this point), but the wing 6 Shooter put up...definitely wouldn't be the one for me. Again, it's your car and to each his own.

Now, as far as that hood you have...I LOVE IT. Chesty Puller didn't have the need for that biga## chest of his...but he made it work for him. I think the hood makes that Corvette do the same thing. Looks and attitude...I LOVE IT. OOH-RAH!!!

Here's a Taillight black out kit, they also have the Carbon Fiber look as a kit as well:

http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corvette-black-out-light-kit-front-and-rear-smoke-gray-1991-1996.html

$116.99. Kind of steep for me, but I'm a cheap-skate. :D

That's all that matters. :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom