Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I need a Nice Burble from my exaust any Ideas?

C

CFour

I want to get rid of the stock system (rear only) Im also on a budget so price must be a factor. I have a 96 Vert and I want a nice mellow burble without cabin noise. My car right now sounds like an Eldorado with the stock system this HAS TO GO!!!

I have stainless steel Flowmasters on mine, bit of a rumble without that open header sound. Borla is nice but pricey.:bu
Considering any other minor mods? (K&N, chip, etc)

I had my mufflers cut out, with straight pipe put in its place. The local muffler shop took the tips off my old mufflers and used them to retain the factory look. It sounds great, and isn't that loud inside the car, only outside. It only cost $80 including parts labor and tax to have it done. I also did this on my old '93 with great results. It is an excellent way to save your wallet, and get a good sound.

on 92+ cars, NOTHING is better sounding than CALLAWAY Supernatural Exhaust.
On your car, it would exit in factory locations - cost - ballpark of 1800 bucks
I ran mine tonite and the burble is addictive ;)
Hope this helps :m

Oh My $1800 is to much for me right now. As much as I would like a set.

Two choices, Walker Dynamax or a solid lifter camshaft. I would go with both!:upthumbs :m :v

I've got the Borla mufflers. They sound great. But they are expensive. If they weren't on the car when I bought it, I'm sure I would have gotten something else due to the cost. But they just purr at slow speed thru a parking lot.

WTF?

I was just reading you signature jstkrsn...Your performance went down after installing the Hypertech Chip?
Josh

I have flowmaster series 50 on my 84. they sound great - imho. It comes down to personal preference.

Hypertech Chip

Yes, the stock chip actually produces more power. I could feel no difference with the Hypertech chip, so I had it dyno'd with and with out it. You see the results. Hypertech would only say without them running the test they could not see why their chip gave less power, and could not take it back. And this was after having them send me a second one. Same results. So I give them free advertising.

I would take a look at Magnaflow.

Radar :beer

Magnaflow SS is something I'm seriously considering myself:Steer

I have done a lot of research on the Magnaflows for my car. I have a 92 LT1 with automatic trans. One of the best places I found on the internet is a place called www.bestautoparts.com. I plan on purchasing a pair of the ss mirror finish true dual mufflers with ss tips in the next few weeks. I think they are the awesomest looking mufflers I have ever seen. Look at www.magnalfow.com to see the catbacks and mufflers for the corvette. For my 92 they only sell the performance mufflers and no catback. A magnaflow guy at a car show told that was because they really couldn't improve the flow that much over stock with exception to the mufflers. The mufflers from best auto for mine are about $388 which is a lot cheaper than other places I have checked. The Magnaflow plant is in sothern calif., so when I last checked the salesman said they could be drop-shipped to my house from CA. Good luck, and like some of the other guys said, check Magnaflow.

Dave:cool

I am on my second set of Flowmasters, due to an engine swap and new, 3" exhaust system. They got a bit louder with age, but I have been quite pleased with oth sets.

The used set is available, and has little rust, being in Southern California. I also have the '84 front and rear Y-pipes.
:w Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom