Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I need bigger nuts. . .

avp0713

Corvette
1985 Silver Greenwood
Ok, so now that I got yer attention. . . lol

Please note in the picture below that there are some nuts and bolts missing from the forward section of my C4 Hood.

I need these replaced sooner rather than later.

What size and type am I looking for? I don't necessarily need "correct" bolts, I am fine with bolts HD, Lowes or a special Fasteners store that is local.

thanks all

PS: Yes, the hood is BADLY rusted, I have a replacement hood that is being prepped and painted and will be ready for Spring 2012.

Tony
Brick, NJ
Jersey Shore

rusty hood UD.jpg

Attachments

• rusty hood.jpg
    rusty hood.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 78
See if there is a Fastenal store near you. You will have to take some samples but they will have identicle replacements. What they do not have they can get in the store within 1-2 days. Home Depot will have some nutz/bolts that are metric ( what you need, all metric) and Ace Hardware also has a good metric selection. Road salts huh?

I just polished a set of wheels that looked like that. I ask the owner if he had been storing them on the bottom of the bay....he says .. "almost, they came from the N.E. where they lived in road salt for 20 yrs."

Tony, you got my attention...:L:L:L And for fun, the "coco de mer", the "The Sea Coconut" is the biggest "nut" in the world. See below.

Attachments

• coco-de-mer.jpg
    coco-de-mer.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 63
I think most Ace Hardware stores have the best selection of SAE and metric outside a specialty outlet.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom