Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I Stripped The Threads.....help!

Frank,

I had the same basic question about the single plane. Normally, a single plane will hurt your low end torque. Any comments on how it performs in the lower RPM range? Also, is that a Victor Jr.?

Ron

I ran her at the airport drag races and my girlfriend videotaped me racing. I watched the video and it sounded like a truck! I mean thats what it sounded like as I was pulling away.

I am not to sure about the specs of the cam but the low end torque on it is pretty good. I don't have much trouble at all. Very streetable. Then again if this mechanic put in a truck cam there should be sufficient low end torque. As for top end, she is still pulling up to ~5k or so. Compared to before after 4k she was just making noise. But then again its not the same cam either. I don't think its a victor Jr. Its an older manifold from the 60's, I am not to sure of its name. Saw it in a book once but don't remember where. Got it for $50, I said what the hell.

If I had $1500 I would get an extreme energy cam from comp cams, vortech heads, and put the 3.73 differential back in. With that setup I could easily be in the 350hp range. 150 shot of N.O.S wouldn't hurt against those LS1's.:bu But thats just to satisfy this itch, you know the bug has bit.

This is way off subject but I am working on the specs for a 600rwhp f body. Oops the cats out of the bag. That logo isn't under my name for looks.:)
heres the link
http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=97255#post97255

The manifold looks like an early Edelbrock Torquer.

Tom

Here you to Tom

Here is a topview pic of the helicoil installed on the manifold. It was bright outside so it came out kind of fuzzy.

Here is a sideview of the helicoil installed, and a much better pic. Its a lot more visible from this angle.

Here is the kit I bought and all the components that came with it minus 1 helicoil

Great pics. Thanks. I'll see what I can put together.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom