Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I think I settled on an exhaust set up

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
I was trying to keep everything tucked under the car going out the back and have decided after fussing with the stock exhaust that I have that there isn't going to be anything that goes through the frame that is going to clear my new rear end.

So, I think I am going with an Allens Exhaust side pipe exhaust. There is about 9" from the outside of the frame to the outside of the car body. They position the side exhaust 3 inches from the frame, it takes up 2.5 inches and that leaves 3.5 inches to the side of the car.

The exhaust comes out right in front of the rear tires.

56_to_62_side_pipes.jpg

It comes in stainless or aluminum. 2.5 inch or 2 inch. Needless to say the 2.5 inch will do just fine.

For an exhaust manifold, here is what I bought to mate up to the Allen side pipes.

22_1.JPG

The rear end back there just has too much stuff in the way with the panhard bar cutting across the area between the rear differential and the top cross over bar. This seems to be the best compromise.

IMG_5654s-vi.jpg

:upthumbs

SAVE THE WAVE! :w

Herb

so they are basically the C2 side exhaust but will be installed under and inside the body and not visible except maybe just the tips coming out just in front of the rear wheels?
cool!

BarryK said:
Herb

so they are basically the C2 side exhaust but will be installed under and inside the body and not visible except maybe just the tips coming out just in front of the rear wheels?
cool!
that is what the guy at Allens exhaust explained to me. The frame on a C1 rises up in teh front and that gives the exhaust a chance to get out under the frame without impacting the clearance from the frame to the ground.....anyway, that is the plan.

It should sound like my C2......which I really do like especially when it idles.....it is way too cool......

Stay tuned......more to come......have a plan for the intake that is starting to jell.....need a little more time to confirm things, but lets just say Lingenfelter.......stay tuned, I am keeping my fingers crossed.......

That's the way the LeMans cars were done. Should be Cool.

Tom

Tom Bryant said:
That's the way the LeMans cars were done. Should be Cool.

Tom
I tried to just put my stock exhaust back in place after cutting the muffler off, that was not easy, which led me to the conclusion of going out the front side and tucking them back under the car....I am sure there will be some fabrication/modification to be done, but this should cover it.

That also mean if this works out that I will have a set of headers that fit a C1 for sale. They can be had for $75 plus shipping...I can also bring them out to Carlisle for FREE delivery.

anyone? let me know......

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom