Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I think it is happening to me !!!

02 C-5

Oil is disappearing !!!

I change my oil @1500 miles , it was on full . Now I have 3500 miles and a quart has disappeared , I have been checking it and slowly watching it go down . I was told that all 2002's would have the new rings installed . I am going to add my quart and see what happens from here , I am not happy about this .
Joe

How many miles are on your car? Is it 3500 or are you saying that you've gone 3500 miles between changes this time? A quart in 2000 miles, if your car has only 3500 miles on it, would not be real unusual. Mine used a quart and a half during the first 5800 miles then stopped using any oil at all unless I would drive it pretty hard on hot days. If I don't drive it hard, it doesn't use a drop. I've read several posts saying that the LS1 engine requires 5-6000 miles to become fully "broken in." I wouldn't worry about it until you reach that point and it is still using oil under "normal" driving conditions. Good luck!

Thanks , but the first 1500 miles I did not use any , after the oil change 2000 mile later 3/4's of a quart is gone . Yes I have been driving it harder , but I am not beating on it . I have topped the oil off and I am at 3580 miles on the car now , so I will keep an eye on it and see . I beleive a 1/2 a quart of oil every 3000 miles would be consider good and understandable .
Joe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom