Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I think the easiest larger repair on a C4 is.....

djsroknrol

Corvette
1984 L83/MD8 red coupe
......the fuel pump, by a landslide

I was on the other end of town today when my '84 started acting up. I'd get going and then the idle would drop and die. I went around in circles trying to get on the highway, only to die in the same spot, coast backwards into the closest drive and wait a couple of minutes.

It kept starting and stalling for a half hour or so until if finally got me across the highway and to the closest auto parts store where I checked spark and fuel pressure. Turned out the fuel pressure wasn't holding and I figured the pump had gone south. It couldn't have been easier to swap out and it only took me 45 minutes in 110 degree heat....thank goodness It was partly cloudy.

So what do you folks think? I know there are easier repairs, but I had to get this off my chest.....

I agree.

Too bad these fuel pumps usually only fail once in the lifetime of a C4.

I could get used to doing this repair.

After replacing your fuel pump, be sure to SAVE the WAVE! :w

The best part was....I didn't have to drop the tank to get to it :happyanim:

I know that an alternator would be easy to do as well, but a fuel pump in a 'vette is way easier than the alternative.

Gotta admit I was pretty worried when my pump died... Till I read how to replace it. Now its on my long list of things easier to replace than the #2 spark plug (I hate that one!!!!).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom