Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I want one of these:

Whoa!! How cool are those... and the price wasn't outrageous either!!

-Mac

Just what the doctor ordered. It may be time to build a year round salt proof Corvette.

That's neat stuff. You can have new product with upgraded suspension for less than having some things repaired on a used frame.

I LIKE it.

Rich

That looks really cool, but I'm confused about something...

They say "with C4 suspension", yet use coil springs. C4s don't use coil springs....

??

Bill

How did the quality look, Craig? Was their welding up to snuff?

-Mac

didn't look at it that close as I don't think I would ever want to buy one :D
With the way these guys around here rave about the SRIII frame if I hit the lottery thats the way I'll go to build my GS clone.;LOL

They say "with C4 suspension", yet use coil springs. C4s don't use coil springs....

??

Bill

its the control arms most likely from a C4 pretty common in the aftermarket frames. I'll bet there were a 1/2 dozen or more different frame builders at Carlisle the "build um so you can drive um" movement is growing rapidly in the C1-C2 group.
The stainless frame makes sense for both the guys who drive em and those that show the high polished versions on weekends:D

I think if I had a c2 frame laying on the floor to go into my car I would want to perimiter weld the thing up for more rigidity. That would be quite a bit trickier with the stainless. Still,...... I want one.

And it's only $2200.00 to polish it! :D
that isn't all bad....would make for a really nice hot rod frame and show car.....I like it!

63-7side.jpg

63-7retro.jpg

I just like stainless. I wouldn't need a polished one. Maybe I'll get one and have it powdercoated :rotfl ;LOL
JUST KIDDING

??

Bill

Lots of aftermarket frames use C4 suspension (control arms/spindles/brakes) with coil-overs instead of the composite leaf springs - photo below is my tube-frame Grand Sport (during build in 1995) with C4 suspension. :)

200222815326-3-GSPreRun1.jpg

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom