Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I was reading car and driver tire test and ordered new tires! LOL You'll never guess

Even though car and driver magazine rated ahead of PS2's..Is this a wise choice?

• No your a cheap bastard and you'll regret it. C & D was paid off!

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Yes you made a good decision. C & D tested it at tirerack facility and its the real deal.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Who knows..but interested in your review when you get them on the car

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • You should have bought runflats..Wait till you get stuck smuc!

Votes: 15 34.9%

• Total voters
Sorry but a fair comparison to the GOOD YEAR runflats can only be done with another set of runflats by some other manufacturer.NON runflats will always ride better then the hard as hell runflats.I'm never going to put anything but runflats on my Vette.FIRESTONE's are a good replacement and maybe YOKOHAMA if they make one for the c6.They did for c5.Can't beat the price you paid though!:thumb

I just replaced the Z51 tires on my '06 with the NEW; GY F1 Supercar EMT Run Flats and I'm very happy :upthumbs. GREAT DEAL at Discount Tire Direct $950.00 - $140.00 in GY rebates (sorry offer is over) for a total delivered price of $810.00 for all four. BIG improvement over the factory tires. :D

I just replaced the Z51 tires on my '06 with the NEW; GY F1 Supercar EMT Run Flats and I'm very happy :upthumbs. GREAT DEAL at Discount Tire Direct $950.00 - $140.00 in GY rebates (sorry offer is over) for a total delivered price of $810.00 for all four. BIG improvement over the factory tires. :D

Wow that is an amazing price for Goodyear runflat tires. Congratulations.

I still prefer non runflats yet for those that want runflats..

I've never heaerd 950 for all four ...

Anyone researching....tire pricing would be well served by this thread.

Hankook evo 12' non runflats 700 delieverd
Goodyear runflats as you mentioned...950 delivered..

Thanks for the heads up.

BTW.l..my hankooks are holding up very well with over 11,000 miles...they look as if they will last another 11 pretty easy.

Great ride and handling. I couldn't be happier with my decision...and at the time I had always said for the 700 it cost me....if I kept them a year and threw them away to buy new it was worth it..

Well a year later? No reason to dump these tires..They are awesome and when it comes time to replace them....I'll buy the same set without giving it a second thought.

JB

hankooks

Just put a set on before 2000 mile trip. Love them. Quiet and handling improved immensely.

Car and Driver s*cks!

I say, "don't trust anything Car and Driver prints".
Last month they did an article comparing 7 of the best handling sports cars in America, and the Corvette Z06 came in 6th... Naturally, a Porsche was 1st.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom