Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I wonder how much it'd weigh?

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
I was dusting my large (1/12) scale Corvette models this afternoon, and the thought crossed my mind, as I'm sure it has crossed many of your minds too, as you cleaned your models (or played with 'em ;)); that I would like to own the car I was holding, only in full-size. :upthumbs

Now here is where I get weird: How many of your actually wondered what that die-cast model you were holding would weigh if it was full-size? :L It'd sure weigh a lot! ;LOL

_ken :Silly

He's Lost It!

:( Too much time, WAY too much time on your hands Bro.

Ken said:
Now here is where I get weird: How many of your actually wondered what that die-cast model you were holding would weigh if it was full-size? :L It'd sure weigh a lot! ;LOL

_ken :Silly

I don't think it'd weigh that much. If it was full size, the interior is all plastic! It sure would look good and make the neighbors jealous! :L:L

How about this scenario? What if the car was normal size and an “Army Ant” was the same size as the car…would he be able to carry it?

Remember folks...he is from the CA...forgive him...for they know not what they do. :J

Re: Re: I wonder how much it'd weigh?

Edmond said:
I don't think it'd weigh that much. If it was full size, the interior is all plastic! It sure would look good and make the neighbors jealous! :L:L

if you made a model car big it would be like you flipped a saturn inside out and drive that around

Ken, do you have ANY hobbies???

JonM said:
What if the car was normal size and an “Army Ant” was the same size as the car…would he be able to carry it?

Here are some ant facts:
  • Like all insects, ants have six legs. Each leg has three joints. The legs of the ant are very strong so they can run very quickly. If a man could run as fast for his size as an ant can, he could run as fast as a racehorse.
  • Ants can lift 20 times their own body weight.
  • An ant brain has about 250 000 brain cells. A human brain has 10,000 million so a colony of 40,000 ants has collectively the same size brain as a human.

Ken said:
One ant has more brain cells than me! :crazy

why doesn't that suprise me??

BTW you need to get involved in something that takes up some time because if you have time to look up specs on ants then you definately have too much.:L :L

Go the post office and have them weigh it on a postal scale......then multiply that times twelve.................Jim(of course I only had a C average in High School math!)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom