Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I WRECKED MY ZO6

JAGSFAN

Corvette
2007 MONTEREY RED CONVERTIBLE
This morning on my way to the office I was involved in a road rage incident where an Explorer passed me on the right side of the Highway jumped in front of me and slammed on his brakes. He even admitted to the Police that he did this because I was not going fast enough IN RUSH HOUR BUMPER TO BUMPER TRAFFIC.The police sited noone because they would have had to site mr for hitting him in the rear end and they couldn't site him because they didnt see it. My insurance said that my rates will now go up due to the accident. I ask how fair is this. He admits it..The police even told him he was at fault and they could see road rage yet they couldn't site him?????
Oh well just wanted to vent about these road rage idiots.

JAGSFAN said:
This morning on my way to the office I was involved in a road rage incident where an Explorer passed me on the right side of the Highway jumped in front of me and slammed on his brakes. He even admitted to the Police that he did this because I was not going fast enough IN RUSH HOUR BUMPER TO BUMPER TRAFFIC.The police sited noone because they would have had to site mr for hitting him in the rear end and they couldn't site him because they didnt see it. My insurance said that my rates will now go up due to the accident. I ask how fair is this. He admits it..The police even told him he was at fault and they could see road rage yet they couldn't site him?????

Now that really sucks. It's obvious the cops knew what happened, otherwise they would have had to give you a citation.
People suck.....I really feel that way.

I know the feeling personaly Jagsfan. I was actually involved in an incident just after Thanksgiving in my 96 Z-28. I had merged onto 33 east just off of I270 when the (the same as you) an Explorer decided he had to be in my lane right away and pushed me off the road and into a guard rail. I had my repair work done at Bob McDorman's and although I recieved a dusty car on the inside back, the work they did looks pretty good.

Yes they said they believed me and I went to the Police station later to see if there was anything I could do to get the other driver sited and all they said was obviously the police believed me or I would have been sited and I could take him to court

Too many SUV's think they are invincable, sorry to hear about your Z06 Best to sue the MF for repairs and what your insurance goesup, but thoughts of a dark alley and a louisville slugger also come to mind
I don't know what I would do if it happened to me, but most likely I would be the one cited for road rage and his Suv would be unscathed :mad

Sorry to hear about that!

I know I don't understand the law; but, I don't see how they cops can say they would have to cite you for the accident as well when he admitted to doing what he did.

Sorry to hear about wreck, that is unbelievable! Everyone knows that his actions were intentional, yet, nothing can be done about it? :( That’s more than disappointing to me.

It can be dangerous driving around here. For years, I’ve traveled from Dublin to downtown via 270 to 315. I could fill a book with all of the crazy stunts I’ve seen on these highways over the years.

So much for the law clamping down on road rage. I hope the damage is easily repaired.

B17Crew
:w

Man, that is bad. Something just doesn't seem right about that- about not being able to cite him. Were there any other witnesses?

Tammy

Not sure how it is there but I know here they are unwilling to give tickets anymore during traffic accidents unless it's really ugly. They even go so far as to tell ya that you don't even have to call them if everyone can work out the details by themselves.
When the teenage girl hit my wife she was obviously at fault yet she rec'd no ticket. It was obvious and her insurance paid to repair the car.
I did go to the police station and get a copy of the cop's report. I can't remember now if it stated the girl was at fault but it might be worth a shot, maybe it will have a statement in it good enuff to have the Explorer's insurance pay.
It's ridiculous that you have to pay for someone else's stupidity....I'm like bossvette, I probably would have just the shot the Explorer!

warren s said:
...how did a Ford truck brake so hard that a Z-06..................
If the truck zipped into a space too small for it to adequately fit and braked immediately, it gives the driver behind little/no time to react.

I recall driving in SoCal, following my parents, and I felt I was leaving a comfortable cushion between me and their car, but other drivers felt the space was juuuust big enough that they could fit in, and they'd push their way in. I wound up driving practically on Pop's bumper to keep from losing him.
Heidi

In the Denver area recently there was an accident in which two people were killed, caused by a road rager who pulled in front of a driver and hit his brakes. The driver who was cut off lost control when he braked and swerved to miss the road rager, crossed the median, and ran into another vehicle, killing that driver. The driver who caused the accidents had been cited numerous times in the past, and now has been charged with two counts of first degree murder, and two counts of manslaughter.

FB REF said:
The driver who caused the accidents had been cited numerous times in the past, and now has been charged with two counts of first degree murder, and two counts of manslaughter.
But unfortunately, he'll walk. Or get a slap on the wrist at best.

JAGSFAN said:

Pretty much same thing happened to me. F150 pulled in front of me and slammed his brakes. Only thing that saved me was that a witness called in. There's posts here about it somewhere.

Mike, sorry to hear about the accident. Glad you're okay. I imagine it took some self control fighting the urge to whack the guy. Did he immediately know he was wrong? I try to keep good braking distance, mainly because of the way people tailgate in traffic on 315. Out of curiousity, does anyone know how many people are killed annually due to automobiles in comparison to firearms?

I guess that what the insurance company means is that if you make a claim, then your insurance will go up. Is the Vette totaled? No reports were filed, right? Otherwise they would have "cited" you.

When my car was hit in 1985, the cost of repairs ($4,800) give the impression that my car was totaled, but in fact it was a minor damage that only required towing, because the lower "A" arm was bent (a 70 Dart hit my left wheel which bent the arm and cracked a mall amount of fiberglass). You see, nearly 65% of the cost was the labor charged.

I should have taken the money and done the work myself. This could be impractical in your situation for a number of reasons, but if you have the space and money, consider making the repairs yourself.

GerryLP:cool

Man that really is screwed up. You are getting the short end of the stick because of that guy. I would get a few more opinions from some other lawyers. That is BS!

Update
Got the police report this morning and it says both paarties at equal fault LOL. I will be at the police station Monday morning. I have an investigator friend that ran the guy trough the system and hmmm. The irony is that he lives three blocks from me. I walked my dog last nite by his house. I am going to be nice and give him the oppurtunity to pay for the damage. He and I both know what he did. He can either stand up for his actions or???

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom