Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I WRECKED MY ZO6

JAGSFAN said:
Update
Got the police report this morning and it says both paarties at equal fault LOL. I will be at the police station Monday morning. I have an investigator friend that ran the guy trough the system and hmmm. The irony is that he lives three blocks from me. I walked my dog last nite by his house. I am going to be nice and give him the oppurtunity to pay for the damage. He and I both know what he did. He can either stand up for his actions or???

Sounds like you found the house where your dog can relieve himself on those nightly walks!
Stay on 'em JAG! It's not right that you should pay for his stupidity.

Most important thing !!!!!!!!

You must find out no matter what is the breaking point. All insurance companies have a dollar limit when you break it, it doesn't matter if it's $500 or $5000. But under it you are not charged.

Keep in mind that the insurance company will do anything in their power for you to break the $500. They can add rental expense, tax or anything just to break the $500 mark.

This enables them to raise your insurance rates for the next 3 years.

If they say they are going to send one of their lawyers, then you must be present because it's in the insurance company's best benefit to lose by $515.

They will tell you anything to make sure that you are not present. Their lawyers are in on the scam but it's legal.

This is of course my opinion but read between the lines.

Alan

I would contact an attorney. One of those can give him more misery than 2 wives and 8 mistresses put together with a terminal illness. :L:L:L

6 Shooter said:
Mike - Get a PI to investigate, Edmond are ya busy? ;LOL

Guy like that doesn't deserve a nice PI to investigate him. He deserves to have soccer goons visit his house. :L:L:L

I would hire an attorney to sue.

I believe its money well spent.

He admitted guilt to the police? and it should be in the report.

I'd depose the police man who took the accident report that heard this statement..

Right away.

Good luck and I'm glad you weren't hurt.

Do not beat the living crap out of the guy. He'll own your house and you'll be in jail.

I don't think a lawyer will help--if there's no personal injury involved, they don't want the case. There's not enough money in getting the property damage fixed and they won't be taking that on contingency.

Unfortunately, I can see what you are up against. Since you hit him in the back, the insurance companies are automatically going to call it your fault. The police are trying to help but since they didn't see it, they wont' do that much. If he really did outright admit it, though, that really should weigh heavily.

I just ran the guy through my friend the Private investigator's system
He has had 2 OMVI's and numerous tickets and civil suits. I think he just one of them type of individuals.

What's "OMVI" mean, some type of motor vehicle infraction (DUI)?
I sure hope this works out for you, Mike.

JJS said:
What's "OMVI" mean, some type of motor vehicle infraction (DUI)?
I sure hope this works out for you, Mike.

operating motor vehicle while intoxicated

Yeah...Jagsfan, I know how you feel and I feel for you.
Be careful about any physical retaliation at this point. I think too much has been said already and could be traced back to you. That's why family is so important. And also keeping a tight organization. I agree with Edmond though too. But what's done is done. Hindsight as it is, you should have seen it coming as the incident was happening before your own eyes. Be more careful in the future. This type of thing happens every single day.

78SilvAnniv said:
If the truck zipped into a space too small for it to adequately fit and braked immediately, it gives the driver behind little/no time to react.

I recall driving in SoCal, following my parents, and I felt I was leaving a comfortable cushion between me and their car, but other drivers felt the space was juuuust big enough that they could fit in, and they'd push their way in. I wound up driving practically on Pop's bumper to keep from losing him.
Heidi

That's the truth, leave the correct space & some idiot will cut thru it to make an exit that he/she "forgot" to be in the correct lane for.

Call Larry H. Parker, sorry for the joke. Never hurts to ask an attorney for legal advice. With his admission of guilt, I'd think you would have a legitimate claim. Especially if it states it on the troopers report.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom