Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

if it wasn't for bad luck................

Vette66AirCoupe said:
Barry,

Do NOT tell the painter you won't be able to drive for several weeks! :D

I'll ditto Andy's post, I'm not that far away either. Maybe the three of us should go get a burger some night and talk shop.

Terry

terry

a night of burgers or whatever and vette shop talk sounds great...... and i'm sure getting a break from me and my constant vette talk for a few hours would make linda happy too. ;LOL

EBVette said:
Barry,

Thanks, being home means cutting grass. I should have more news about the car next week. Even my patience is starting to wear thin....but its all for the better. Thanks to Tracy Krisler, I have managed to find a pair of real rocker molding panels. I had repros, the originals were long gone, as car had side pipes and then repro panels replaced it. I am know focusing on my 2002 Corvette, I have purchase some loop bars for behind the seat, and am having the hood liner painted. I can't neglect the other baby....

Other than that, just cutting grass...oh yeah I have finished the inside of my trailer and will post some photos soon...It come out really nice.

Regards, Got Milk? Drink it, cures the bones faster...
Collin

cutting the grass is just neverending isn't it.
i'm going to have to teach my wife how to drive and operate the lawn tractor now until i can do it again. my place has too many very steep hills to safely try runninng the mower one handed.
hope the news on your is good. i'm sure your long, long wait will soon be over :)

be sure to post pics of your mods on the '02 and your trailer.

tomtom72 said:
Just want to say get well soon! So much to look forward to, this will just be a bad dream soon for you I hope. Heal quickly & good luck! Tom:beer

thanks tom for the nice words.

Z28Canuck said:
I'm really sorry to hear about your accident Barry. Unbelievable! Like the others said keep on schedule to get BABY home and in YOUR garage where she belongs. Even if you can't drive it at the moment there's no reason you can't cruise in her as a passenger at this time. This also gives someone else a chance to enjoy it with you. Take care and I sincerely hope you heal quickly.

Baby will be home soon enough. in a weay having my arm hurt makes it easier that's she isn't finished yet - just like thru the winter i knew i wouldn't be driving her anyway to the wait was bearable. same now......

when she's finished she will return home and if my friend wants to go for a nice drive one day than than he will drive her and i'll be happy just as a passenger for a while. :)

Barry, sorry to hear about your misfortune - kitchen floors are HARD; tough time to have a broken wing when your baby is coming out of the paint shop, but you'll be able to show it off soon enough!

Been out of contact for a few days - our annual Chapter Judging Meet was last weekend, and that kept me pretty busy. Terrific bunch of cars to judge - fifteen cars - eight midyears (seven of which were BB's), four early C3's, and three C1's, and all fifteen Top-Flighted! Had nine more midyears for display - looked like a '66-'67 convention. :)
:beer

Hi John
yep, hardwood floors are sure HARD! :eyerole

sounds like you had a great weekend. sure wish i had been doing something similar myself.
of those 7 out of 8 BB midyears, how many REALLY started out life that way? ;LOL

BarryK said:
as most of you know, i've been waiting 9 months to get my car back from the paint shop. she should be done in about 10 days-2 weeks.
this morning i managed to break my right arm which means i can't drive a 4-speed or non-power steering car.
now, after Baby gets home she will have to sit for 2 more months until i can drive her. i'll even have to have a friend drive her back from the shop to my house when she is done.
after all this time waiting, waiting, and waiting, my wait to enjoy her just got longer............ :cry
sigh!!!!!!

oh........it wasn't easy typing this one fingered either. at least i'm left handed

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55384

Barry,

You have unbelieveable luck! Wow!
Has someone put a "mojo" on you?
Are you cursed? ;LOL

Above is the "painful" thread that you posted when you "whacked" Baby.

Now I read this.

Man...I feel for you.
Please keep yourself and Baby out of harm's way.
This ordeal has got to be painful for you in more ways than one!

I guess it could be worse though...you could get kicked in the head by a mule!

Hang in there and get well soon!

Best regards,

Pedro:w

BTW, please make an effort to use caps when appropriate..;LOL

Just hold the "shift" key down with your left hand then with your right..never mind!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Pedro
Thank you SO MUCH for reminding me for that past incident, it's always nice to have to relive my past screwups, especially when my current ones are still so fresh...... yeah, that's why CAC is so nice, it's all that wonderful support such as yours that makes it so special here. :eyerole ;LOL
Actually, my wife did mention she's beginning to seriously think the car is cursed.
Like i said in that past thread, I need an old priest and a young priest.

Barry

PS check out the caps......... ;LOL

BarryK said:
Pedro
Thank you SO MUCH for reminding me for that past incident, it's always nice to have to relive my past screwups, especially when my current ones are still so fresh...... yeah, that's why CAC is so nice, it's all that wonderful support such as yours that makes it so special here. :eyerole ;LOL
Actually, my wife did mention she's beginning to seriously think the car is cursed.
Like i said in that past thread, I need an old priest and a young priest.

Barry

PS check out the caps......... ;LOL
Barry,

At least we got you to laugh!:)
Here's to your speedy recovery.:beer
Take care of yourself. Your car will be waiting.

Pedro

P.S. Nice work on the caps!

Barry...don't make any major decisions in this condition like don't go trading or selling the Vette because you think you have a good deal on an AMC Pacer....:D Hang in there buddy..

ahhhhhhhh yes, the Pacer. you know me so well. the car i've lusted over for so long and that dream as of yet unfulfilled.........
;LOL

BarryK said:
ahhhhhhhh yes, the Pacer. you know me so well. the car i've lusted over for so long and that dream as of yet unfulfilled.........
;LOL

Have I got a deal for you...

Hey, it's automatic too..you can drive it even with your broken arm!!

pacerx75.jpg

Barry,

you told me your dream car was the "YOU GO"

Oh Dear. You people have brought back memories. But not bad. I left on on my honeymoon in 1975 in an AMC Gremlin X with a 304cid V8 and a Levi's denim interior. Went south and did the Cape Cod thing, back up to Maine and Nova Scotia (Cape Breton, Cabot Trail), PEI (Cavendish, still have the red sand), Quebec City and back to Ontario. That was a funky car but it purred.

Thanks for the memories. Our 30th was yesterday. Dined on the cheap imitation champagne and msg-laden Chinese food that was in vogue at that time. Just for old times sake. I can confirm as of this morning that the hang-overs haven't changed as well....I thought I was over that stuff. Almost back to normal.

Pedro
a deal? is it lime green and hopefully have the aftermarket chrome curb feelers?
;LOL

Rick
yes, another dream car but alas my heart leads me to the Pacer......... ;LOL ;LOL

Barry,

I am sorry to hear of your accident. I hope that you are feeling better. You must be really frustrated.

You might want to think about changing your cars name. Hmmm.. Maybe Christine :L

Take care,

Ian

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom