Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

If you ever wondered, heres a fake tank sticker

Corvette
66 LS1 roadster 06 roadster
Heres a great example of a 67 repop tank sticker. Improper order, options in wrong spots, improper wording, yet car is well over $150K, WOW!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6168&item=4560845447&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
ae_3.JPG

A big money car, no pics of the stamp pad, and the seller even says email will not be responded to . . . .

memo to self - "Kustomcarguy1967" with 20 feedbacks, one of them bad (for mileage disclosure issue) not to be trusted (he is also selling an alleged 65 Fuelie coupe too, again no stamp pad photo . . ..)

TWINRAY said:
?? Wonder how many guys have paid big money for BB cars that are fakes? What's the story - 1,200 BB '67's made and only 4,000 are left?

I love the '67 L88's.
lets see, what is it.......... 20 originally made but only like 36 original documented survivors? ;LOL

Difficult to view.

Auctions like that are painful to even read. It has all the slimey weasel words and disclaimers in the world, but then goes on to promote the car as if it were perfect and rare.

AS-IS!

I'm just a car buff, not an inspector!

Nothing guaranteed!

This description written by someone else!

How does that guy sleep at night?

jerrybramlett said:
How does that guy sleep at night?

unfortunately for the rest of us, he probably sleeps like a baby ........... and in a house and on furniture paid for by other similar auctions like this one.

Some people just have no morals.

Maybe....If it doesn't sell it'll show up at Carlisle....What ya think would happen if he tried to sell the car their...:L

Considering all the people that will be there he will probably real in a sucker.

Tom

Sting Ray said:
Dennis,

Although they did age it very nice :D

Tom M

IMO a '67 sticker wouldn't be in that condition unless you removed it real early in the cars lifetime. When I replaced the tank in my '67 in 1989, the sticker was almost unreadable and in real poor condition. And the car was in storage from 1976 - 1989.

Funny thing is, the first time I saw the pics of this L71 car I though of the Ronald McDonald car (black with a red stinger, thought to be a faked L89 out of ProTeam). It's gotten so I cannot look at a black with red stinger high horse 67 without thinking fake automatically.

BTW, I am going to win that Ronald McDonald car and then fight with the IRS on the tax basis.

MarkM said:
What is "repop"?

Reproduction if used to just show what an original for a certain car would look like.

Forgery if used to claim a car is something it never was.

Tom

Let's all have a silent moment of prayer that the build records for the midyears will surface someday.;)

Tom Bryant said:
Let's all have a silent moment of prayer that the build records for the midyears will surface someday.;)

Boy wouldn't that be something, do you think there will be some dissapointed BB owners? ;LOL

bossvette said:
Boy wouldn't that be something, do you think there will be some dissapointed BB owners? ;LOL

;LOLOne or two maybe.;LOL

I'll bet a lot of sellers will go into hiding too.

It's too bad that there are crooks like that out there. At least the guy I bought mine from was honest. I just love my 1985 Z06 Grand Sport! :)

Funny how many of us saw this tank sticker and said the same thing. If the seller understood the correlation between the circled handwritten number on the tank sticker and the vin, he would know it can't be "11" and be correct.

I was just about to request that someone elaborate on why the tank sticker is incorrect. Then I thought, why in the hell would those in the know share that kind of information that could be used to create a forgery. That sure screws it up for the rest of us.:mad

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom