Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: I'm baaaaaaaack!

catbert

Corvette
Night Race blue C7
After 2 C6s, an 05 and an 07 Z06, I'm back in the C5 fold. I sold the Ron Fellows Z06 to a "fellow" in Canada (no the irony didn't escape me). After two whole days of being without a Vette, I picked up an 2003 Anniversary Edition roadster. I got an offer I couldn't refuse from a Ferarri, Maserati, Aston Martin Porsche dealer in Greensboro. I guess they didn't want to contaminate their $100k to $400 used car inventory with the lowly Vette. They had the best price in the country going into the deal and knocked off more to close the deal. The car has 19,000 miles and a new set of Michelin runflats! They detailed it like it was a Ferarri.

So, I have a bone stock C5 as a empty canvas to begin making it mine. I talked to Jeff at GHL engineering, and a catback GHL exhaust system went on the truck yesterday. An intake is next - I'll wait until someone has a sale.

Talk to y'all later.

Great choice in a C5. Had one my self a few years ago.

You bought my Vette, catbert?! J/K :D I've been looking around for my next one and an 03 AE convertible is at the top of my short list. IMHO one of the most beautiful colors ever put on a Vette.

Welcome back to the C5 fold!
:wJane Ann

I think the color really makes the edition as special as it is. Showy, but classy.

Well, Well Well :D
The CAT is BACK in one of ABBY's Sisters or Brothers :thumb

I would have traded ABBY straight across for that Ron Fellows :dance oh yea even paid for Delivery of ABBY :D and Transportation of The Ron Fellows Z to TEXAS... :chuckle

I don't think I read if it is a 6-speed Stick or Auto? and does it have the 315 rear gears, side molding strip...

ABBY Has a Z06 Air whatever they call that thing, where the air filter goes, I have no idea what it's called today ;shrug other than that ABBY is as pure as the driven snow with 32,000 miles on her.. she had 24,900 when we got her in November 2007..

24dt5.jpg

Bud

Bud, It's an automatic. I'm tired of shifting, and this thing is a cruiser, so the auto was my preference. It has the optional rear end and no side moldings. Even came with a matching color car cover. Looks kinda (exactly) like yours.

Sorry, I didn't know you liked the Fellows. Maybe we could have worked a switch.;)

I'm Nearly Speechless

Welcome home.:cool

2565406260103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

Thank goodness you stayed in Corvettes. As you told me previously, you thought that the R Fellows would be your last Corvette. I was worried that you were serious about it. Well, I can sleep nights now that you will keep the 03 for several years(?).
You are going to bring it to CF in Effingham aren't you? You could line it up next to Yoda's and everyone could make a comparison. Maybe they would win co-first prizes as twins in the car show. How does Jan like the convertible? I really hate to see the Z06 go as it was a terrific looking Corvette. I'm like Bud, I would have liked to have had it even tho it was not red.
See you in Effingham.
Barrett

Rich....

You don't remember me drooling all over your Ron Fellows Z06 in Colorado Springs... I voted many times in the show for the Fellows :chuckle There is just something about that color combo that winds my clock :dance

ABBY is only the 2nd Automatic Corvette I've had in the many that have passed through my hands.. The first was an 85 and that was because the 84 just kept throwing that DN to the curb.. Traded for the 85 while the 84 was in their shop, right off the show room floor :chuckle

I know you have owned your share of Corvettes and done a bit of racing too ;) Our Fun in this hobby aren't that far apart ;) I finished 12th in NCCC in 1984 and that was with my 84 in the shop from August to end of the season.. David Hawks and buddy of mine won the NCCC David was in the Omaha Club, which all were big time racers and show folks.. I believe Dick Smith and his wife Sharon still hold the Drag Racing records set with their modified C3..

Anyway back to your C5 it sounds like we have the same car except your has about 1/2 the mileage ;)

Bud

EDIT: I lost track of my thoughts :eyerole... I swore after the 85 I would never own another automatic Transmission in a Corvette, the 85 was one of the most gutless Corvettes I ever owned, the 84 was 10 X the car the 85 was... I had a 93 that was a shop queen, computers never did work right traded for a used 1991 740iL :eek

Rich, Not that I could have afforded the "Fellowes", but like Bud and Barrett, I loved that car. But I really like the AE too, and I can understand about the shifting. Sweet looking car. :cool!:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom