Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I'm so close to my dream

G

Glasman66

I'm so close to buying a 1994 C4, 6 Speed Black on Black Coupe.
I can't wait. This is never a good thing when purchasing a car but I guess I'm not, I'm buying my Dream.

How close...

...can you taste it?
Sil

Congrats if you purchase!

Carfax report

I recently purchased a 1995 LT-1 Polo Green Six Speed. I still have some credit at carfax. If you want, e-mail me the VIN and I will run it for you. Also, go to your local Chevy dealer with the VIN and talk nice to one of the service rep's and they can run the warranty claims history on the car. Enjoy it, I had a 1979 vette and sold it three years ago, no comparison, these cars are incredible.

Okay. Here is the deal you tell me what you guys think

1994 6 Speed with 85K for 14.5K Black on black with ZR1 chrome rims.

It needs hood repaint
new tint job
rear tires
and I have to go from Denver to Dallas to get it.

I'm doing this a year ahead of schedule. So I'm thinking of taking a home equity line of credit to pay for it. Or I can wait the year and pay cash. What do you guys think pull the trigger?

Home equity is usually a good way to go . Low interest and possible tax deduction . Not that I'm trying to talk you into anything . Ok , maybe I am a little .But , It's still true !

Wow 14Kfor a 85K mile vette,not to rain on your parade but look around dude,granted its a 95 and a 6 speed,but just that a 95 with 85k miles and it needs a hood repaint and rear tires,plus trip to pay for for final ownership,dont ruch into it , look ,look look ,and look some more and u will be surprised what U will find,ther are plenty of low milage excellent shape vettes out there, probably right in your neighborhood or city,It only takes one.........just this mans thoughts,good luck, Ive been there and I found my dream,granted its only a 92, but LT1, 26k miles and the Leather seats look brand spankin new, and the front end has not one chip in it,got luckyI guess...Happy Motoring:beer

I bought one Vette with bald rear tires. Never again! I wound up spending 10K on that car before I was done. Of course it was perfect by that time but I sure wouldn't do it again. Afterwards I bought my '85 with 37K on the clock. It was already perfect! Lot more pleasing on the wallet too!

Good luck with it............

Price seems high to me. I'd keep looking for a better deal. I just checked out ebay and there are lower mileage cars for that year for less. It took me 6 months to find my car, don't rush into anything. Do your research and find the year Corvette and price you'd like to pay. This is an excellent site for research, you should also check out MSN Carpoint, and there are a few others.

JimS

You know it is not, in the long run, really how much you initially pay for "your dream" that is important. How much will it take to get it the way you need it to be. Well everyone knows that goal is rarely achieved but somewhere in the ball park. If you pay a bit more up front and it is REALLY what you want maybe it may not be the worst deal.
There is a Corvette shop here locally that sells nothing but cream puff Corvettes. Their prices are a bit pricey but every car has a warranty, including "buyer's remorse"! If I were to buy another Corvette in the future I may pay their higher price to get a really good car. They always have one or more ZR-1's also. But these cars are top of the line. You won't find any high mileage cars in this shop. But you get what you pay for. (Sometimes!)

Have fun..............

price is too high in my opinion, I just bought an LT4 Collector Edition for $18k.... and it only had 28k miles... granted this is a heck of a deal, but the point is if you look you can find what you want for less... that same owner may still have his car in 3 months and be more than willing to sell it for thousands less... The guy who had my vette started at $25 k... a few months later I managed to chew him down. It is a buyers market right now, take advantage of it

Should I rethink this whole thing? I had two guys from the Crvette Forum go and look at the car, they said it looked like a fair deal. Now I'm freeked out.

Glasman66 said:
Okay. Here is the deal you tell me what you guys think

1994 6 Speed with 85K for 14.5K Black on black with ZR1 chrome rims.

It needs hood repaint
new tint job
rear tires
and I have to go from Denver to Dallas to get it.

I'm doing this a year ahead of schedule. So I'm thinking of taking a home equity line of credit to pay for it. Or I can wait the year and pay cash. What do you guys think pull the trigger?

Cosmetic work is not something that comes cheap on a Corvette and it's probably not something that you can/should do on your own. Mechanical repairs are a little bit different, those can be done by yourself to a certain degree.

You do have the chrome ZR1 wheels, which is a plus. But tires will probably get you for $400, so you have to add that onto the cost.

As for the trip from Denver to Dallas, that's just a little break in trip!:L

But like everyone said, don't rush anything. You really have to be patient with this or you could potentially wind up spending much more in the long run.

I bought my 88' a few years ago with 60K on the odometer for about $13K, haven't done much except maintenance and a few aged parts that had to be replaced.

This is the problem. I don't know how the seller sees the car. I he honestly giving me his opinion of what he'd do because he is a true Vette lover or is he just trying to get rid of it.

Here are a few links I used when researching for my car.

http://www.cars-on-line.com/Corvettemenu.html
http://www.idavette.net/sales.htm
http://www.vettefinders.com/
http://www.corvettetrader.com/

I think everyone here loves ther car no matter what they paid for it, but you should look around and know what the average price for the model/year/condition you are looking for. Also, if this is the car you are set on buying, find out the cost for the repairs before purchasing it. Hope this helps!

-JimS

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom