Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I'm soooo confused!!!

vee93

Corvette
1993 Medium Quasar Blue Metallic Coupe
Although I have a 93 Med. Quazar Blue coupe, I have developed an obsession in wanting a Nassau Blue convertible.

I wish the Vette powers that be would bring this color back. It ran from 98-2001. Most -for sale- NB Vettes I've researched are heading towards high mileage.

I'm currently looking at the 3 NB C5 'verts below. And one coupe where I live. The middle one, a 98 and right one, an '00, have low miles---mid twenties. Both reasonably priced in the high 20s.

But I'm also toying with the idea of a white C6 with a white or grey top with grey interior and just having the exterior painted Nassau Blue. The current NB C5s are RARE, therefore perhaps collectible. But who wants that? I don't have a museum. I'm driving it!!! A re-painted C6 depreciates, but who cares--right?

By the way, I'm talking non-Z06 here. I ask myself--why have 380-some horses w/ a C5 when I can start out with 400 in a C6? BUT..., with a C5 I could spend and upgrade and mod past 400hp. BUT! I could have 400hp w/ a C6, spend and mod and surpass whatever expectations I'd've had with a C5. Can we say supercharger? Either way, it's dollars, dollars, dollars. :D
Am I crazy? Or Just Vette crazy?
I've given myself a headache.
:w

Sounds perfectly logical to me! :D

SAVE THE :w

View attachment 11469 I am always sooo confused too!! My only solution is to buy one in every color and then what ever mood I am in that day I drive that color. ..Hey..I can dream can't I?

I myself think that the Quasar blue is the nicest of the blue color! But to each thier own!:beer

Now I have a headache! :L

As it's been said before, each new Vette has improvements over the previous Vette, so if you can see your way to a C6, you probably ought to do that. Even GM is playing with a supercharged C6 and the press is saying 650 HP for it, so the C6 must have plenty of capability to handle that level.

Have fun either way.

I get confused too. This year I purchased my first vette, a 96 LT1 in polo green. I am real happy with the car, I would never sell it.

But I am already thinking about what my next vette may be. I have wanted a 96 grand sport since 1996 and I really like the LT4 engine. I really like the ruby red 93 40th anniversary edition, great color, great car. Maybe I should get a C5, those C5s sure do look great on the road and they are so refined. I also like the mid 70s vettes, could be a great time to go retro. The mid 80s vettes are very affordable and I love the LCD dash and the raw feel of them, especially the way they handle. On top of all this, there are endless options to customize your vette or add more power. A 383 would realy make my 96 polo fly.

Being into corvettes can make my head spin. There are so many great years, so many great choices. Since you already have a vette, there is no rush to get you into one right away, you can take the time to find the perfect Nassau Blue one whether it is C5 or C6. And I wouldn't worry very much about depreciating a C6 by painting it if you plan to keep it long-term, it is going to lose value over time via the depreciation curve regardless. I don't buy corvettes for investment purposes, in my opinion they are meant to be driven, customized to its owner's preferences, and enjoyed. Good luck in your search.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom