Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Injector replacement 1993 LT1

norwegianvette

Corvette
1993 Aqua Convertible
Hi. Anyone have a link or some info regarding this job on a 1992/1993? Have 8 new injectors in the garage from FIC which i had there for a while. Now when it is winter seams to be a good time to do the job :)

Thanks,
Steve

Undo the 4 bolts holding fuel rail down.
Lift rail up
Remove old injectors
Cleans seat in rail and intake
Lubricate "0" rings on new injectors and fit injectors to intake. (Read Installation Instructions - Fuel Injector Connection)
Position fuel rail over injectors making sure all injectors are lined up correctly in their seats in the rail.
Push down on rail to seat injectors and reinstall the 4 bolts
Turn key on several times to pressurize rail and confirm no leaks before starting

Undo the 4 bolts holding fuel rail down.
Lift rail up
Remove old injectors
Cleans seat in rail and intake
Lubricate "0" rings on new injectors and fit injectors to intake. (Read Installation Instructions - Fuel Injector Connection)
Position fuel rail over injectors making sure all injectors are lined up correctly in their seats in the rail.
Push down on rail to seat injectors and reinstall the 4 bolts
Turn key on several times to pressurize rail and confirm no leaks before starting

Thanks vetteoz. How do i releave pressure in the fuel line before removing?

Regards,
Steve

There was a Schrader valve on the back of the rail on my 94, that I used to relieve the pressure when I did this swap. Really it only take about 15 minutes to change them out on an LT1.

If the car has been sitting for a day or so, you probably do not need to relieve the pressure, but it can't hurt. Look for the fuel pressure test fitting near one end of a fuel rail. Take the cap off and find a tire valve inside. Use a small blunt object to depress the pintle and have a rag ready to soak up the gas.

Before you do more, you need to clean the area of the intake manifold around each injector so that, when you pull the injector out, dirt doesn't drop into the engine. You can do this with shop air or canned air or even a really powerful vacuum cleaner.

If the car has been sitting for a day or so, you probably do not need to relieve the pressure, but it can't hurt. Look for the fuel pressure test fitting near one end of a fuel rail. Take the cap off and find a tire valve inside. Use a small blunt object to depress the pintle and have a rag ready to soak up the gas.

Before you do more, you need to clean the area of the intake manifold around each injector so that, when you pull the injector out, dirt doesn't drop into the engine. You can do this with shop air or canned air or even a really powerful vacuum cleaner.

This part is VERY good advice... Some grit might be lodged in the injector ports; after slightly moving the injectors in the ports, and before completely removing the assembly, put the vacuum (or compressed air) AGAIN to the area.

Some pics here...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom