Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Injectors.

Hi Tom

It's my understanding that the manufacturer of the Ford injectors indicates that you don't need the locking rings but it stikes me some sort of positive lock should be there as in the original. This is part of the problem with after market parts particuarly when the part is "designed" to fit many vehicles.

I thought about getting my original injectors cleaned but I decided against that because the weak point in the stock injectors is electrical which is a non repairable item. In effect what you get is a clean injector without the weak point being fixed and thus ready to fail in the future..near future?? Given the amount of work required to change the injectors, the cost of cleaning and the electrical issue I decided that I needed to replace my injectors with something that had new electrical parts.

New original parts were very expensive so I went with the Accel 24lbs. and in spite of my previous remarks about after market parts these use the locking clips, fit nicely and have a flow rate that the computer is able to manage without changing the prom . I used a scanner to see the integrator and block learn values and they are just fine.

Good luck on your project...

Cheers
Gary

The problem I had with the ones I got from Five-O was the length from O-ring to O-ring. The locking clips also did not fit. When I installed them in the rail and put the rail on the intake, they would not seat fully. Bruce tried to tell me they would work but I didn't buy it.

If` the clips will fit the ones you got and if they will seat fully in the intake, they will probably be OK. I don't remember what year your car is, but my 86 came with 22# injectors. I wouldn't put anything else in a stock engine. You would have to massage chip to make it right. Hope this helps.

I put the 22# pink tops from Five-O in mine and they work great. I initially didn't like the idea of them being shorter than stock and not fully seating in the manifold. I talked to Bruce about it also. He again reasured me that they would work fine but not to use the stock injector clip. With carefull measuring, I realized the injector does not have to be fully seated as long as the o-ring is sealed. I opted to use my injector clips anyway rather than have the injector just floating in place. I've had no problems in over a year with the Ford injectors and I would buy again. Just MHO.

If you slip the injector into the fuel rail up to the first slot, the injector clip will work. My injectors are on my stock intake manifold and the o-ring is deep enough into the injector bore to make a tight seal. Whether or not the o-ring seal is at the top or bottom of the bore is beside the point. The tightness of the seal isn't any greater near the bottom of the bore. As long as the o-ring is tight in the bore, it's fine. If they're going to leak, they'll leak no matter where the o-ring is in the bore. If you notice the stock injectors don't fully seat either. They're just slightly closer to the bottom.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom