Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Install engine with muncie attached??

I'm pulling the engine and tranny this winter. I'm thinking of replacing the current 350/auto with a BB and 4 Sp Muncie. Not sure if I'll have the cash nor the patience to do both at the same time but it's where I eventually want to get to. Your collective advice will be much appreciated. :beer

waterboy1976 said:
UPDATE: engine is in...with muncie attached...went in over the DS fender...car up on jackstands..one guy under car one in front and me on the sides.....no sweat...thanks for all the tips guys...
I did too, just last week. Slow but sure. Wish I had helpers that knew what they were doing though. :D

Started by removing the radiator and radiator support. Needed a little more clearance so ended up removing the drivers side exhaust manifold and fuel pump.

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/207454_Installation_9-6-2004_013-med.jpg

Here's my version of of a Big Block. I started with a SB too. Yeah, I know the distributor is missing and the radiator hose isn't connected. :L And I'm waiting for parts to fix the fuel line.

207My_L-88_Engine_9-13-04_001_Medium_-med.jpg

mike weyman said:
was your heart in your throat when it was passing over the fender and front end?all i could think of was "what if the chain snaps??" i couldn't wait till it was in far enough that it wouldn't destroy the car if it fell mike.
YOU BETCHA...... but no problem........."Fire in the hole" this friday...jsut finishing plumbing the fuel lines.......gettin excited now....

1970 Stingray...Where did you get the BB? I'm looking for one now. Most likely going to start with a short block and build from there.

1970 Stingray....Never mind I went to your project and saw how you got the BB as well as the build up. Very nice indeed! I'll probably need your adivce on the build soon. Thanks in advance......:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom