Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Installed new clutch & flywheel 96 LT4 push in clutch car dies

Delraydale

Corvette
96 convert 6 sp
Greetings. I recently bought a 96 LT4 convertible. With approx 93k on it. My mechanic replaced the engine with a low mileage LT4 engine and the engine it is running well. I am having the flywheel and clutch kit replaced. My mechanic Installed the new single mass flywheel and matching clutch kit, replaced the hydraulic hose, bled the slave cylinder. The car is still up on stands. Drive shaft has not yet been reinstalled. Trying to determine if trans is functioning correctly before bringing it down to ground. Here is the problem the clutch does not seem to be working correctly. As you step down on the clutch pedal while still in neutral the engine slows down and starts to die. Any ideas as to what the problem is or what steps to take to diagnose? My mechanic indicated a lot of noise coming from the trans. Any help is much appreciated.

delraydale

Greetings. I recently bought a 96 LT4 convertible. With approx 93k on it. My mechanic replaced the engine with a low mileage LT4 engine and the engine it is running well. I am having the flywheel and clutch kit replaced. My mechanic Installed the new single mass flywheel and matching clutch kit, replaced the hydraulic hose, bled the slave cylinder. The car is still up on stands. Drive shaft has not yet been reinstalled. Trying to determine if trans is functioning correctly before bringing it down to ground. Here is the problem the clutch does not seem to be working correctly. As you step down on the clutch pedal while still in neutral the engine slows down and starts to die. Any ideas as to what the problem is or what steps to take to diagnose? My mechanic indicated a lot of noise coming from the trans. Any help is much appreciated.

delraydale
Sounds like you could have a locked up throw out bearing.:thumb
Another thing could be that the clutch disc is in backward,But I wouldn't think that would pull the engine down!:thumb:thumb

:beer

Thanks GmJunkie I will follow up with my mechanic and report back. I appreciate your help.

Delraydale

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom