Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Installed New Injectors Wow!!!!

TODD L GRIFFITH

Corvette
99' MR Coupe, 04' Silverado 03' ZO6 Sold
This is the same mod. done to my 99' hardtop, but I didn't have to lean out the injectors this time around, pushing an extra 55 hp to start out with. I installed 30# injectors on my 03' Z06. Wow!! It's alive! I't alive! What a big improvement. With my current cold air intake, exhaust and reprogramming mods, I was looking to add some fuel with all that air coming in. Based on 435 hp, I did a quick fuel injector calc. and came up with 33# injectors needed to support it. Well you cannot find a 33# injector especially bench tested at 63 psi. which is my fuel pressure. Most injectors are bench tested @ 43.5 psi. To solve this small problem I calculated that a 43.5 psi bench tested 30# injector will kick out 36# at 63 psi. Close enough for me. When they arrived, I installed them and started her up. Hooked up the programmer and monitored my short term fuel trims and my O2 sensor voltages. Immediately these numbers looked real good, running slightly rich, but never going lean. I took it out on the highway and third gear is like an animal. Fifth gear feels like the stock fourth. Very impressed. 0-100 is effortless. The car even sounds different now. Fuel economy has also improved by 2+ mpg more. Unreal, this comes highly recommended for the right Z06 application.

Todd, you ever do any dyno pulls to see what your mods are giving you? I'd be pretty interested in the differences gained. Sounds like she's really working well for you.

Leon

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom