Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Installing c5 or c6 wheels on c4

H

Highball

Hey guys I have a 96 lt4 and I want to upgrade my wheels. I keep reading dif suggestions but has anyone had problems with putting newer vette wheels on c4's

I have a 96 C4 with C5 2000 wheels they are excellent and look good the tires came with them a mixture FP275/40/R17 93V on the front and RP275/40/ZR18 94Y on the rear.
I have no rubbing issues it pulls a bit to the right for some reason when I put them on butt is normal with the original saw blades on ???

Attachments

• CIMG2064.jpg
    CIMG2064.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 1,115
Thanks for the info. Looks like I can get a used set for around 800 with tires online. That's a good lookin car! Same color as mine

paid 375 for the set on craigs list so shop arround I believe my wheels were made in Italy

I have a 96 C4 with C5 2000 wheels they are excellent and look good the tires came with them a mixture FP275/40/R17 93V on the front and RP275/40/ZR18 94Y on the rear.
I have no rubbing issues it pulls a bit to the right for some reason when I put them on butt is normal with the original saw blades on ???

Might have an odd wheel...

I've seen sets of 9.5" rims with one that was 9" from some replacement where nobody thought to check. One might be from a different set...different offset? All tires mounted to turn the correct direction? I cannot count the times a tire shop mounted tires backwards...

Might have an odd wheel...

I've seen sets of 9.5" rims with one that was 9" from some replacement where nobody thought to check. One might be from a different set...different offset? All tires mounted to turn the correct direction? I cannot count the times a tire shop mounted tires backwards...

Thank you I will definatley check.

:beer

C5 Wheels

paid 375 for the set on craigs list so shop arround I believe my wheels were made in Italy

All of the C5 5 spoke polished wheels were made in Italy after 2000.

Hey guys I have a 96 lt4 and I want to upgrade my wheels. I keep reading dif suggestions but has anyone had problems with putting newer vette wheels on c4's

Check mine out I have the Forged 2002 corvette Zo6 wheels on my 1986 Coupe. I just use a 1/4 inch spacer and counter sink lugs. my wheels are 295 in the rear and you'll need the spacer to clear the trailing arm bracket. IMG_0305.jpg

went to C5 thinspokes more than a year ago IOT retain performance tire choices. Installation was no drama

DSC02172.jpg

DSC02168.jpg

DSC02162.jpg

05 Wheels on 84

I tried to put 05 wheels on my 84.Not happeningI read on here somewheres not to use spacers because of safety reasons:confused

I tried to put 05 wheels on my 84.Not happeningI read on here somewheres not to use spacers because of safety reasons:confused
The OP had a 96 your 84's suspension is different and requires a different offset wheel than later C4s

Mike

DON'T use "shim" spacers...

The spacer thats required for different size rims is made of 1" or thick (or thicker) solid billet aluminum machined with press-fit studs. Not junk. Not cheap either...Cost around $85 each. Sometimes a pair for $150.

Far from being a safety issue...

No offense, but for me, I prefer the look of the 96 stock blades on the C4, I think the spokes look really good on newer C5's & C6's, but not on a C4.:ugh

With that being said, I also am looking for a different set of rims I can use on my LT4 so I can run 315's on the back, and can only find newer Corvette look "spoke" rims. :ugh

Now i am considering just having my stock rims "re-finished" and giving up trying to run315's, and just go 285's. Anyone know of an alternative to be able to run 315's ??:beer

No offense, but for me, I prefer the look of the 96 stock blades on the C4, I think the spokes look really good on newer C5's & C6's, but not on a C4.:ugh

With that being said, I also am looking for a different set of rims I can use on my LT4 so I can run 315's on the back, and can only find newer Corvette look "spoke" rims. :ugh

Now i am considering just having my stock rims "re-finished" and giving up trying to run315's, and just go 285's. Anyone know of an alternative to be able to run 315's ??:beer
There are 11" sawblades out there.
They produced Z cars all thru the 90's and the 11" rear was standard. The only wheel that was offered was the sawblade, that was different either by paint, machine finish or width. From 90 to 96....sawblades is all there was.

I run 17" sawblades (polished) on my 87. I'm so bored with spoke designs that I almost fall asleep at the sight of a 5 spoke rim...too common, too many of them and they're on too many different cars. No imagination,.

BTW..
you can run 315 Mich on the 9.5" X 17 wheel. I've done it with Mich XGT 315 and it worked fine.

There are 11" sawblades out there.

Thanx Boom, but where? I have exhausted searchs looking for a 11x17 sawblades, care to help? :confused

c6 tires on c4

Hi I have a 94 vette and am wondering if the tires of a c6 size 285 35 19 will fit the rear of my car... will I need spacers? what size..
thanks!!!

Running a 93 with Grand Sport wheels

I have 11" Grand Sport wheels on the back of my 93 vert. I'm running 315-35_MG_4229.JPG-17 Kumho 700s on them. No issues.
It sure would be nice to have a set of skinnier 9.5" wheels to put on in the winter time!! Those wide tires are slippery in the wet!!
Sorry I don't have a better picture of the back tires!

Attachments

• _MG_4233.JPG
    _MG_4233.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 143

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom