Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! installing hugger headers

kendall_75

Corvette
1975 dark red
Hello, i was needing some help.

I am installing hugger headers onto my 75 vette. I removed old exhaust and am afraid these headers will not fit. I noticed the bottom part of the header sets on the sheild that protects the spark plug wires that run under the block.
-can i remove this sheild and run the wires from top down?
-also, the bottom flange of headers comes out behind the starter. i will be able to clear the starter but i was afraid the pipe would be too close to the starter?
-is there anything else i need to worry about?

thanks in advance, Jody K

Yes you can route the wires from above but you'll need different lengths. There are heat shields for the starter motors available from the aftermarket.

Hope you got headers that are Jet Hot coated or equivalent which will cut down on the heat and are lifetime guaranteed. You can send them off and they'll coat them. I was amazed at the amount of heat reduction.

question on thosse headers

would they be the best fit for a 80 vette as well?

i'm looking for the easiest install headers that wont take any modification of steering column etc for my year, and I figure your 75 is pretty close?

350 engine?

thanks
tony

Hello Tony, I have the headers on there and my issue is that i am going to have to pay a shop to do a custom bend to conect headers to exsiting exhaust. This is only going to cost about 75 but of course i would rather not have to pay that.

There was no other problems that i have noticed. The header on the passenger touches the starter bracket but i do not think that is going to be a problem. if it is then i can just etch it out of bracket. No other clearance problems though. Keep in mind that when you remove stock manifolds there are numerous of sheilds that are going to have to come off also. Then you have to decide how you want to run the wires.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
Jody

If they aren't coated, you can fix minor interference problems w/ a ball pein hammer.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom