Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport Just bought a supercharged c6 GS

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

86LT1

Well, im jumping head first into this one. In a nutshell this was not a planned purchase but.... here I am.

Little info on the car:
2012 GS Centennial Edition
50,800mi
ECS 1500 Supercharger kit
Kooks 1-7/8 headers
Kooks x pipe
Borla exhaust
upgraded the OEM MAP sensor to a ZR1 map
MGW Shifter
new plug wires
Monster LT1-S Twin disc clutch as well us new torque tube bearings
new starter
tuned
(dyno #s attached)

The mechanic who did the work on the car previously to me purchasing it told me due to what he was seeing on the dyno graph he recommends getting new valve springs due to lack of smoothness he was seeing. He also noticed some heat damage to some of the wire loom on the harness prior to installing the parts listed above. All those parts were purchased and installed on 2/23/19

So, besides the upgrade on the possibly worn out valve springs.... my first move is to try and contain all the hot spots i can. I plan on wrapping the starter, sleeving the starter wire, and wrapping the portion of the headers closest to the starter. (i will eventually coat the headers, just not right now) I would also like to sleeve the plug wires. Can anyone with experience with what i have here recommend anything else i should heat blanket? Right now my main concern is to just make the engine components safe from the heat.

What size and brand plug wire sleeves do you recommend?

Any advise i greatly appreciated! I look forward to becoming a more active and contributing member of this ground. :beer
2012dyno.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh, I dunno why the dyno pic loaded upside down.... i tried editing it but i cant figure it out lol;shrug ... sorry im new.

Not sure why the picture loaded upside down, but I do want to congratulate you on the new acquisition and joining here at CAC.

Your engine is making somewhere between 600 and 625 at the flywheel SAE-corrected. That's pretty impressive. The torque and power curves above about 4300 get a bit jagged. Did the chassis dyno operator have any explanation of that. Also, was there any air:fuel ratio data and did you happen to record any engine controls data, especially knock retard.

What kind of gasoline do you use?
What spark plugs are in the engine?

I use MSD SuperConductor spark plug wires on all our Corvettes. I also use Kevlar sleeves on some of the cars, too. There are a number of vendors which make them, one being Design Engineering.

The stock metal plug wire sleeves are also pretty good and work with the MSD wires.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom