Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Instrument cluster issues

c5y2k

Corvette
2000 Nassau Blue Vert
Working on tracking this one down. So I had not drivin the vet in about 4-6 weeks and the battery was dead so I put the charger on it (lowest setting 2amp). About 2 weeks later I pulled the charger off and jumped in started it up and off I went. Well I noticed the instrument cluster lights are not working, just the lights, gaugages and DIC work just fine. All other "things" seem to be working fine also except for the cruise control and the driving lights. I cant find anything else electrical that is not working.

I've checked the fuses on everything related to the IC and cruise and they are all good. The driving/fog light fuse was blown. I replaced that and they are working fine now.

I have not pulled any codes yet so I'm thinking that's my next step. I cleaned/checked the grounds about 2 years ago and they were good then but that can not hurt again.

Any other ideas?

I know this is going to sound simplistic, but have you made sure that the IC light dimmer control is turned up? Might have bumped it by mistake...

Yup checked that and it works for all the other lights on the dimmer. ;squint: Still no IC lights.

Yup checked that and it works for all the other lights on the dimmer. ;squint: Still no IC lights.

Cool beans... I just had to ask the easiest question.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom