Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Insurance

I just got my renewel and it seems as if grundy is no longer in the antique auto insurance :ugh the new company is markel american . do not know the whole story on this :W but seems to be the same coverage and no milage restriction steve

I just changed mine to Hagerty. You have to be a member or join AARP before you can get it. I did have State Farm which had the lowest rates I could find. But Hagerty was over $200 cheaper with less deductibles. I have 3 vehicles covered too:)

Had my 62 insured with them. No problems, but no claims filed, either.

I am in process of changing for State farm to Heartford insurance. I have five vehicles insured with full coverage, 1998 Mustang conv, 2001 Mustang Bullitt GT, 2002 Chevrolet S-10, 2004 Corvette coupe, and a 2007 Mustang. My total for the year is $1,469. That's about a $1,000 less for the same coverage I had with State Farm.

I've used Grundy for my vettes plus a couple other vehicles, for about 5 years now. They had the best deal for me, and I have had no issues or concerns. You just need to meet their qualifications, plus have a daily driver with standard insurance coverage.

Corvette insurance

When I bought my 79 I had my main insurance on it, Nationwide, but I soon bought a policy from American Collectors. And I have to say that the whole connection with American Collectors was great. I had to submit a photo of my car and a discription of where it was and that it was in a garage. The car was restricted to 2000 miles a year, but they never came out to check it. Other than that the company was great. I then decided once I was close to finishing the restoration of my car that i wanted 'Agreed Value' on it and again, the company was great to deal with they asked me what Value I wanted, I said 19K and there was no problem, and My policy went up only ten dollars. I had the insurance for fifteen years and the rate I was charged only increased about $3.00 over the fifteen years. I can't recommend them strongly enough. I had a theft when i first bought it, a guy was stealing corvettes and corvette parts from all over three counties, he stole my leather seats and T-tops and ripped out my starter wiring. Nationwide refused to pay until I contacted a new Nationwide agent and he convinced Nationwide that I was covered for the theft under my original policy even if they didn't think so and copies the page of the policy that stated it. They paid ! It's best to have your 'own' agent in these matters.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom