Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Insurance

indycallaway

Corvette
87 TT Black/Tan (#23)
Hey guys,

Who do you have your Callaway insured through... My State Farm agent called me this morning and will not insure it anymore??:bash I got a quote from Hagerty and thought it was pretty good. The year cost would be $709 on an agreed value of $30,000.... Who do you guys use? ;help

Yikes Indy!

I use SF as well and have a stated value of 2x that. Are they factoring in the accidents at the Speedway at that price? :confused

I use SF for all of my cars and have been quite happy with them but I have heard good stories from Hagerty.

Best of luck!

-Luigi
:cool

Yeah, I dont get it..... I have never had a ticket or an accident. I dont know why they wont insure it.......;shrug

Did they not give you a reason for why they won't insure it? Maybe you just need to have them re-appraise the value...?

Yeah, I dont get it..... I have never had a ticket or an accident. I dont know why they wont insure it.......;shrug

I just ran into the same crap. :mad Moved from PA to NC and now State Farm won't insure my car. I ended up going with American Hobbyist Insurance. $70,000 for $843 yr. Seam like some states are different from others.:confused

Yikes Indy!

I use SF as well and have a stated value of 2x that. Are they factoring in the accidents at the Speedway at that price? :confused

I use SF for all of my cars and have been quite happy with them but I have heard good stories from Hagerty.

Best of luck!

-Luigi

Same here. I use SF for everything. Never any problems. Did you have an agent change recently? I've noticed as I've moved around that the agents themselves seem to have some flexibility in how they do business.

No, same agent for the last 5 years.... He really gave me no explanation either.... So because of this I am looking at changing everything over to a different company.... SF has not been the greatest for us...... We had some problems with hail damage claims but thats a whole nother story...:bash

...one company I will NEVER consider, is GEICO :eyerole

http://media.www.wilkesbeacon.com/m...on/Traffic.Tickets.Big.Business-3057336.shtml

Last year Geico insurance company donated $20 million to police departments in the form of new laser and radar guns. Certainly they are looking out for the welfare of the people, right? Wrong. It is a simple equation. More tickets equal higher insurance rates, and higher rates equal more money. If an average driver gets two speeding tickets over a three-year period, their premium is expected to rise by 75%.

To make things worse, once the drivers' rates go up, they will stay up for the next three years. So why wouldn't the insurance companies want to donate radar guns? This multimillion-dollar industry whose initial goal focused on public safety is now one of the most corrupt money making scams in the United States.

Many, Many years ago, I had 2 big claims within 1 month (neither being my fault) and they sent me a letter dropping me. I wrote to the Agent explaining my situation and making sarcastic references with regards to their "Good Neighbor" marketing slogan with a copy to their regional HQ and the State Insurance Commisioners Office. I was reinstated within the week :). Just a friendly FYI that they tend to reconsider dropping you if you know how to get the attention of the right people.

-Luigi

Same here. I use SF for everything. Never any problems. Did you have an agent change recently? I've noticed as I've moved around that the agents themselves seem to have some flexibility in how they do business.

Same here with increased values

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom