Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Intake Manifold Oil Splash Shield '62 327/300hp

Corvette
1962 rebuild in progress
Can anyone tell me if there is anywhere I can purchase a replacement oil splash shield for a '62 327/300 hp intake manifold. The splash shield that I need to replace has rusted pretty well to just pieces. Thanks for any suggestions.

Thanks will check with them. Specifically looking for the splash shield that is attached to the underside of the intake manifold. Didn't know if anyone sold them new or if I would have to seek out someone to fabricate one.

That shield was never stocked separately as a GM service part - only as part of the intake manifold assembly; a used manifold (or eBay) may be your only source for one. In any event, it's not a big deal if you don't replace it - it was intended to avoid oil from "coking up" on the bottom of the hot exhaust crossover passage under high-mileage conditions.

:beer

Thanks John I appreciate your input, it helps a bunch. I will probably look around at a few swap meets for a possible replacement before the engine is rebuilt, if I don't find one before that I will just let it go and not worry about it. Have a great day.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom