Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: intakes

danno1400i

Corvette
2011 grand sport arctic white
are the after market intakes really worth the investment? i have a 2011 grand sport, dry sump engine. any input would be apprciated.
thanks dan

are the after market intakes really worth the investment? i have a 2011 grand sport, dry sump engine. any input would be apprciated.
thanks dan

IMHO, no. They can cause runnabilty issues and some make a hissing noise with the engine running. Others will disagree with me and that’s fine, only my opinion.

The good intake kits require recalibration and can make a performance improvement. An example are Halltech products. All of his stuff works well and some of it requires a calibration change.

Less expensive kits may or may not offer an appreciable performance change.

As "LLC5" states, some intake kits change or add induction noise. That's a subjective issue...some are ok with that, others are not.

thanks for the info. so many units on market, not cheap, with gains claimed, but no real proof. surprised there were so few replies.

thanks dan

I had a HallTech intake on my 2001.... I also had a "canned tune" done on the ECM to try and take advantage of that extra air. As for my 2007, I have chosen to remain stock on that front.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom