Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Interesting find, a '69... Opinions?

L

Last Ride

Hey all, check out this link to see pics of the '69 I found.

1969 Corvette

What do you all think? Supposedly, here is a little background: Originally a 427 car, now a 350. As you can tell from the pics, it's pretty rough and appears to have some racing history (from the looks). Story is that it has been sitting in a barn for the last 15 years. It runs, but probably not very well. I was not able to get the hood up to to take some snaps of the motor. I couldn't see the VIN because of a dash cap on it. What can be told from the trim tag (pic is on the page)? What do you guys think? The car is $4200, and someone actually is trying to come up with the money right now. As it is, it is still sitting on the lot, and I could write a check for it tomorrow. The couch would become a nice bed, but.... I told them my biggest holdup was the fact that I don't have room for it which is true. I would just like to get some more input. So what say you?

I dunno, looks pretty rough. Looks like it needs "everything". Flares don't help, either. Did you check out the frame and windshield pillars for rust? On the one hand, you can't find them much cheaper than that, but on the other hand, add up what you'd have to sink into it (plus your time), and you could probably find a nice one to drive away in. It depends on what you plan to do with it, too. Good luck.
Dick

Run Fast.....

IMHO, 2000.00 tops....and only if it isnt a rust case. I have seen many more desireable project vettes that are driveable for that money. Looks like a total rebuild to me and depending on money and time it may be years before the car is fun and safe to drive.

Just my .02

Taz

:Steer

Heck...I thought it was in rough condition!! That's about the same condition that I got my 76 in. Granted mine was all there and I only needed to buy new calipers and I was off and running.

I would say that most guys believe that because it was an original 427 car it has some inherent value. As you know, unlike a Mustang where you can get the same build codes and "reproduce" a numbers matching car...a non-matching numbers Vette is just that. Therefore, I would be caution about paying a premium for a 427 car without the 427 in it. A little higher price could be justified because of the other options that may be in it though.

If you were able to pick it up for the $3k mark, that might be more like it. After you replace the rear lights and the other doo-dads you may at least have a runner. That interior is in real tough shape...as mine was...and that is absolutely not cheap. As said above...depends on what condition you're putting it back to. I can vouch that all those items that you look at and say "yeah..I can fix that pretty easy" will completely wipe you out financially!

I can honestly tell you...I am an absolute sucker for chrome bumper Vettes...and that puppy would probably be following me home...

Hey guys,
Thanks for the replies. The car sold. The guy originally trying to come up with the money eventually did, so I did not get a better chance to buy. I probably would have gotten in over my head really quick on this one!

Bryan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom