Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Interior Design/Options

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
One of the biggest complaints from Corvette owners and the media is the quality and/or design of the interior of the Corvette.

Many people feel that the C6 interior comes close to European standards, but still misses the boat in some ways.

How would you like to see the interior of the C7 designed, and what options would you like to see in the interior that Corvette Engineers keep missing?

I've owned a couple of BMW X5s, and can't say that the interior of the beemer was significantly different or better than the corvette. I often wondered what the fuss was about cuz it never appeared to me that there was that much difference.

That said, I would like to see a fastener on the passenger side seat that held the seat belt in place. With the window down and/or the roof panel out, she likes to slap in the breeze...at speeds never exceeding posted limits of course :cool .

Dave

• Admin
I've owned a couple of BMW X5s, and can't say that the interior of the beemer was significantly different or better than the corvette. I often wondered what the fuss was about cuz it never appeared to me that there was that much difference.

That said, I would like to see a fastener on the passenger side seat that held the seat belt in place. With the window down and/or the roof panel out, she likes to slap in the breeze...at speeds never exceeding posted limits of course :cool .

Dave
:L I thought I was the only one that had this problem in the ZR-1. It is pretty annoying when you're on the highway and forget to latch the passenger side seatbelt beforehand. :chuckle

:L I thought I was the only one that had this problem in the ZR-1. It is pretty annoying when you're on the highway and forget to latch the passenger side seatbelt beforehand. :chuckle

And being anal retentive, it just erks me to have to latch the belt with no one sitting there ... it just does not look "cool." :ugh

Interior heat intrusion

I'm still looking for my cupholder.

I only drive my C6 during nice weather. If we have a nice day but not warm enough to lower the windows or remove the roof panel the interior gets very warm from the heat intrusion through the tunnel.

The cup hold is useless for everything except HOT coffee because it gets so hot. I also have to be carefull about what I place in the console due to the heat.

Improved insulation to isolate the exhaust and drivetrain heat would make the car much nicer to drive, especially in one hour plus trips.

Better Seats

I would like to see a better pair of seats all the way around, perhaps with an Alcantara/Suede option.

The steering wheel is the same as many of GM's economy models. It's rubbery and cheap looking.

I am a past BMW and Jag owner, and took the time Christmas to study my daughter's 2005 BMW. I would rate my 2002 Z06 better in the fit of the larger parts in the interior, especially where the doors and the dash meet. But where the Japanese and the Europeans are still best in the fit and finish of the small controls, such as radio and other controls. The GM product, though satisfactory, is years behind. More important, though, are the seats. Honestly they are a disgrace. I wish I could just keep my 1991 ZR-1 seats, and just recolor them and move them to each of my cars. Point being, I think we lost ground, and there is no excuse, given the Cadillac seats. As I think about it, though much more attractive, the support of my Z06 seats reminds me more of my old '63 Stingray seats than my ZR-1 seats. That's really a shame. It has a lot more to do with the quality of the driving experience than the fit and feel of the radio controls, and I always hoped that GM would never let the Caddy get the advantage in any important areas such as that when was announce that they were going to build their own "Corvette".

Regards, and good to visit again after a long absence,

Art Colley in Baton Rouge
2002 Red Z06,
1991 Red ZR-1
and gone but not forgotten,
1663 Red Split Window,
1965 Shelby AC Cobra Roadster

I am a past BMW and Jag owner, and took the time Christmas to study my daughter's 2005 BMW. I would rate my 2002 Z06 better in the fit of the larger parts in the interior, especially where the doors and the dash meet. But where the Japanese and the Europeans are still best in the fit and finish of the small controls, such as radio and other controls. The GM product, though satisfactory, is years behind. More important, though, are the seats. Honestly they are a disgrace. I wish I could just keep my 1991 ZR-1 seats, and just recolor them and move them to each of my cars. Point being, I think we lost ground, and there is no excuse, given the Cadillac seats. As I think about it, though much more attractive, the support of my Z06 seats reminds me more of my old '63 Stingray seats than my ZR-1 seats. That's really a shame. It has a lot more to do with the quality of the driving experience than the fit and feel of the radio controls, and I always hoped that GM would never let the Caddy get the advantage in any important areas such as that when was announce that they were going to build their own "Corvette".

Regards, and good to visit again after a long absence,

Art Colley in Baton Rouge
2002 Red Z06,
1991 Red ZR-1
and gone but not forgotten,
1663 Red Split Window,
1965 Shelby AC Cobra Roadster
I cannot see what You folks are complaining about, my only complaint is that I cannot spend enough time in mine:cool!remember the wave:w

Well, that's true. Going to pull the cover off of it right now.

Well, that's true. Going to pull the cover off of it right now.
It is an addiction that I can live with:D, and God willing, never outgrow:v remember the wave:w. mark

I cannot see what You folks are complaining about, my only complaint is that I cannot spend enough time in mine:cool!remember the wave:w

The complaint is that for a sports car the seats are flimsy and unsupportive. For a car that is capable of generating g-forces at a whim the seats need to provide better lateral support. When driving during an HPDE event I need to brace myself from every angle with my arms and legs to minimize the sliding in the seat. The stock seats need to be improved greatly in this area. Stitching and fabric/leather is secondary to the actual support of the seat itself.

And please don't think that I expect a stock seat to be adequate for HPDE. I just know that I had more lateral support in my '93 Prelude than I've had in any of my Vettes.

Leon

I don't know if this falls into interior design, but make the paddle shifters on the steering wheel work like in a Ferrari!!!! ...I know we don't have a $250K car here, but the common sense way to work a paddle shifter is to pull up with the right hand, for up shifts, and the left hand pulls up for down shifts. (I think I got that right) For GM this is not a mechanical problem, it's a computer fix, so get a geek out there that does't drive a Pirus(Prius?) and make him fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom