Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

interior lights fixed!!

silver 80

Corvette
1980 silver with blk interior 1987 blue / blue
well finally got the interior lights to do what they are suposed to do. come on when I open the door and go out 30 sec later. before they wouldn't even come on unless I used the light switch in the fully on position.
turned out to be the timmer, it had a bad voltage regulator. wife picked one up at radio shack and installed the new voltage reg on the circuit board and it works now.
:J

You know having a wife going through the electrical engineer program is great.
tom

Good deal...... It wouldn't my wife to go to electrical school also!

Do you have more specifics on the fix you did? My 81 is doing the same thing and I'd like to have interior lights (would be my first car ever that did). Pictures would be great along with what part number she bought from radio shack.

I'll try to get you some pics tomorrow.
they might be a little to big to post here but I'll try.

silver 80 said:
I'll try to get you some pics tomorrow.
they might be a little to big to post here but I'll try.

If they are too big to post you could email them to me and I can edit them down to size so that they can be shared with everyone.

RSU 11416674
that's the part # radio shack
regulator # 2n6488
the regulator is the square componet.

also CC sells the whole assembly too.

I'm not familiar with CC. What is the cost on the whole unit? What is the cost for the regulator from CC?

sorry CC is corvette central. The whole unit costs costs $47.00 part #593149
The reg cost $2.49 I went ahead and bought a new unit also just incase they stop making them and my wife can't fix the next break. CC doesn't sell the reg just radio shack . Newark electronics has the same reg for $1.08 couldn't tell you what the shipping would be though.
tom

Don't worry about it, $2.49 from the radioshack on the corner I can go to today sounds just fine to me.

Also where does one find this unit to remove and replace the regulator?

On my 80 I had to remove the glovebox just a couple screws and it is on the right hand side in an orange plastic case.
tom

silver 80 said:
On my 80 I had to remove the glovebox just a couple screws and it is on the right hand side in an orange plastic case.
tom

I wondered what that was. I had to replace my heater core so I know under that side of the dash pretty well.

I hope that's the problem with your lights.
tom

silver 80 said:
RSU 11416674
that's the part # radio shack
regulator # 2n6488
the regulator is the square componet.

I just got back from Radio Shack and all of their part numbers are 3 digits a dash and 4 digits. Are you sure those are the right numbers? I didn't take the time to talk to somone there as it was a zoo and I didn't have time to stand around and wait.

pretty sure, I just got back from there and they are out right now so i went the local ele shop and asked for one and they gave me a sub. So I'll try it in the vette tomorrow to see if it works first in my vette then I'll send you one how's that.
tom

I haven't forgot about you ,just that there is about 2" of snow on top of the vette right now and it's in the 20's.
when ever it warms up a bit I'll go out there and try it.

Let it snow, Let is snow

It must suck to live in wisconsin. I live in colorado where snow only lasts 2 days at the most. And I'm driving her even when there is snow on the ground( best rwd I've ever driven in the snow)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom