Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Interior Mod

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
OK, I admit, this wasn't MY original idea, but saw it elsewhere. The interior of C6s are somewhat drab. I thought, when I saw this on another car, that it could brighten up the inside. The material is cheap (5 yards was $11 delivered and I have 2 1/2 yards left over :L), and the install easy.

The upholstery piping was purchased from ebay. They offer it in 1/8" and 3/16" diameter. I bought the larger 3/16". The orange isn't a perfect match, but close.

You just take the piping and stick it in between the two panels on the door card. Sometimes it won't stay in the groove, so I used a very small amount of clear silicon to hold it.

Some people might think this is a "ricer" mod, but right now I like it....and if I decide, down the road, I don't it's easily reversible.

I carried it on around the back of the door, behind the seat.

The hand pull cover and arm rest are from Mid America Motorworks.

I like it, did it on my own vehicle in torch red color around the traction control panel, lower waterfall area, and passenger air bag and console surround in dark brown. I had just too much black in my interior. I was considering doing it on my door panels also, after seeing yours I think I will now. Yours looks really good.

That was the thinking when I bought 5 yards of the stuff, that I might run some around the dash areas. Still undecided about that.

That was the thinking when I bought 5 yards of the stuff, that I might run some around the dash areas. Still undecided about that.

I went through the same thing, install it, drive it for a while with different lighting hitting it, remove if I don't like it for a length of time, try it again if I wasn't so sure the first or second time, etc....

It can take a lot of trial and error to get to know what is right for you. :)

Forgot to ask last post, who/where did you get yours on e-bay, I tried a quick search but didn't find anything. You paid a lot less for yours than I did.

Thanks.

I like it too, Tom. That little splash of color with the paint color and door pull, arm rest color really sets it off.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom