Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Interior Trim Question..........

coptertom

Corvette
1972 and 2014 C7
I am looking to identify the proper name for the trim piece that goes on the door lock pillar. Had the corvette at a shop for new floor boards and misc other things. The shop removed all the trim parts and now can't find the trim that goes on the pillars below the seat belt trim. I cant find them anywhere.............any ideas on where I can get them. The only thing I can find are Door hinge cover trim.......................

Could some one possibly take a picture of what it looks like?

Attachments

• Door Lock Pillar Trim.jpg
    Door Lock Pillar Trim.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 146
Do you have the assembly instruction manual (AIM)? If there is an actual piece of trim for that area, the AIM will show it. If memory serves, carpet might cover the area you show.

:thumb

I don't have my AIM with me so not able to look it up. I just laid new carpet in the rear compartment and it does not have enough to cover that area. I don't show any mounting holes in the vehicle that suggest that a trim piece goes there, however it looks off. You would think that I would have an old picture of the interior that would help me..........

Would anyone be kind enough to post a picture of what it should look like? Sure would help....

Thanks

Well, mine doesn't have a trim piece at that place and I've never seen one either. But if you find one, please let us know :)

Greetings Peter

003.jpg

OK Tom here is what mine looks like....as far as I know is is the factory carpet.
If you want a better shot or different angle I'll be more than happy to do it!!!!

From the looks of your picture I wonder if they cut it too short??????

I have to agree with bill, I don't have a trim piece there either. Just carpet. Which means your carpet was cut to short or it was simply installed misaligned. Do you have the same gap on the other side?

Thanks.....

I have to agree with bill, I don't have a trim piece there either. Just carpet. Which means your carpet was cut to short or it was simply installed misaligned. Do you have the same gap on the other side?

Thanks guys..........Looks like there is no trim piece that goes there. I am going to have to try and find another piece of carpet to go there.

If you recently purchased the carpet,I would return it to the manufacturer or where youpurchased it from and ask for another or a refund and go somewhere else.You should not have to find apiece to fit.

Thought About It........

If you recently purchased the carpet,I would return it to the manufacturer or where youpurchased it from and ask for another or a refund and go somewhere else.You should not have to find apiece to fit.

I thought about doing just that............Carpet is from Corvette America however; Only problem is that I purchased it two years ago and it has been sitting in a box in my garage waiting for the vette to get out of the shop! Really don't think that they would exchange it. I checked and I laid it out right, just seems to be cut a little on the short side. I thought for sure that I would have to trim a bit....I was wrong!

Just have to make it work............

Give them a call, if you still have the sales slip, they may take it back,they are the ones who screwed up,not you...
Better than having to piece it together..

Thanks............

Give them a call, if you still have the sales slip, they may take it back,they are the ones who screwed up,not you...
Better than having to piece it together..

Thanks for the insight.............I just sold the 81 to a good friend. Sure will miss it (my wife / another story) :) I do have the receipts and just may give them a call. Thanks again for your suggestion.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom