Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Intermittent External Temperature Sensor

SleekStreak

Corvette
1999 Pewter Roadster
The external temperature indicator on my '99 roadster is intermittent in its readout accuracy. Sometimes, it reads the correct temperature. But just as often, it reads something way out in left field. For example, the outside temperature was actually 81 degF, but the indicator on the car read 49 degF. I suspect a corroded connection down near the sensor, but I am unable to determine exactly where the sensor is. The factory shop manual states it is "in front, near the radiator," but shows no illustration, and I can't seem to see it (or even know what I am looking for!).

Anybody have this type of trouble before? If so, or if you can only direct me to the location of the sensor, I would be grateful.

Thanks!

The sensor is located on the passenger side, underneath the radiator air inlet, attached to the bottom of the shroud with a clip. Lay under the front (I know - not much room) and you will see it. A new sensor from the dealer is about $15.00. Just unplug it and install the new one. Check the connector for corrosion - clean it if it is dirty. A bad sensor can cause the automatic HVAC system to malfunction. Good luck.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom